Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

jpaladini
by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't enable delta sharing inside metastore

Hi,I'm currently using Unity Catalog and serving as the metastore admin. However, I've encountered an issue where I cannot select the "Enable Delta sharing to allow a Databricks user to share data outside their organization" checkbox as it appears to...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@jpaladini - could you please let us know if you had a chance to follow the steps to setup Delta Sharing on your workspace - https://docs.databricks.com/en/data-sharing/set-up.html#enable-delta-sharing-for-your-account?

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
crimson
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loading Keras model from ADLS

I want to load a Keras model using abfss. As far as I know, this is not possible, and the only way of doing this is by copying the model from ADLS to dbfs.I am concerned about the data governance, as everybody could potentionally modify/delete the mo...

Data Governance
ADLS
keras
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
crimson
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Kaniz,Can you please elaborate on these or share related documentation?Use Access Control Lists (ACLs) or Shared Access Signatures (SAS) to restrict access further.Is it possible to use ACLs to control DBFS access?Serialize your Keras model (arch...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Data_Analytics1
by Contributor III
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos

File not found error.

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dbfs/FileStore/config.share'When I am trying to read the config.share file, it is throwing this error. I tried with spark path format as well which is dbfs:/FileStore/config.share' but it also...

• 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
raghu2
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Was able to resolve the issue by adding pyOpenSSL library to the cluster.

• 3 kudos
10 More Replies
nccodemonkey
by New Contributor III
  • 18 replies
  • 9 kudos

Unity Catalog Shared Access Mode - dbutils.notebook.entry_point...getContext() not whitelisted

we are switching over to Unity Catalog and attempting to confirm the ability to run our existing notebooks. I have created a new Shared Unity Catalog Cluster and ran the notebook using the new cluster. Ran into an error attempting to execute a prin...

• 18 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
JakubMlacki
New Contributor II
  • 9 kudos

I faced the same issue when switching to Shared Access cluster and found that there is a possibility to run :dbutils.notebook.entry_point.getDbutils().notebook().getContext().safeToJson()Hope this helps

• 9 kudos
17 More Replies
Karlo_Kotarac
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks autocomplete uses hive_metastore catalog although we have other default catalog

Databricks autocomplete is checking the hive_metastore catalog when I enter the schema_name and table_name in the notebook although we have other default catalog set at the workspace level. How to make Databricks autocomplete use that catalog when en...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Karlo_Kotarac
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Kaniz ! Thanks for your answer. I forgot to mention that we already have this set up at the cluster level (using spark.databricks.sql.initial.catalog.name variable) besides setting this on the workspace level in the workspace settings but none of...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Kibour
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

git reset

Hi all,Since the last update of Databricks (21.03.2024), I can't find the option to git reset my repo anymore. Where did it go?Thanks in advance for your guidance!

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Yay!  I guess it was an oopsie

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Cami
by Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Privileges for SHOW GROUPS WITH USER '***@***'

Hello Briksters, i am looking for a giving a grand to developer being able execute with SHOW GROUPS WITH USER '***@***' without admin permission on UC.Could you give any tips to do it? UC Admin is able to see result query, but developer is not. 

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Cami
Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Thank you for your comprehensive answer.I assume from what you have written that this cannot be done without admin permissions on the metastore.So is there any other way to check who is in which group?

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Synasenn
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Unity catalog; how to remove tags completely?

Hi,We are rolling out Unity in our organization and while playing around I had set some tags on a test catalog.After removing this catalog, the tag keys I used are still present in our Unity environment and I am unable to find where they are stored t...

Synasenn_0-1712216775874.png
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Synasenn
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Thanks! I will take that to heart and include it on our internal wiki

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
rkalluri-apex
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot create External Location due to HNS on Azure Datarbricks

I have run into an issue with creating an External Location on an ASLS storage container with the following error  :"Hierarchical Namespace (HNS) not enabledAzure storage account does not have hierarchical namespace (HNS) enabled." The Storage accoun...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @rkalluri-apex,  Ensure that HNS is indeed enabled on your upgraded ADLS Gen2 storage account. Sometimes, even after upgrading, the setting might not take effect immediately.Verify that there are no conflicting configurations or issues specific to...

• 0 kudos
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

bamboolib not working correctly

I'm trying to use bamboolib on the 11.0 recommended DBR. I am using the option "Databricks: Load database table" The databases and tables that are on the unity catalog do not populate the dropdown boxes. How can I fix this?

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hello @k.b.​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 2 kudos
7 More Replies
ReyCMFG
by New Contributor II
  • 10 replies
  • 6 kudos

Can you use Managed Identities in databricks besides Unity Catalog

We are looking to send messages using databricks to an azure service bus topic and would like to connect to the service bus using a managed identity vs a connection string. Is this possible in databricks. The only thing I could find regarding datab...

• 10 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Yetii
New Contributor II
  • 6 kudos

To be honest, the Databricks team sucks. They should add a simple Identity tab under the Databricks workspace resource as it is done for other Microsoft services. They don't think about making product easier to maintain and configure, they look from ...

• 6 kudos
9 More Replies
udittyagi1994
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unity Catalog - Databricks

I have a unity catalog which is binded to multiple workspaces (Attached to Metastore), In both workspaces I have created different tables under this catalog will the Metastore admin will have access to these tables and data in those tables in differe...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
udittyagi1994
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Unity Catalog acts as a single point of access for managing data across Databricks workspaces, which means with unity catalog a Metastore admin can manage the access permissions on the Data which comes under Unity catalog umbrella.Data inside differe...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
ossinova
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fine grained control of volumes

Is it possible to provide fine grained control (folder level/file level) for a given volume?I have two SCIM integrated groups who have read volume access at the catalog level, but those two groups need different permissions on a lower level. Preferab...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
rkalluri-apex
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Can you define the external location at the Landing level and create two Volumes one for PDF and other for CSV and provide access to the respective groups 1 and 2.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Christine
by Contributor
  • 12 replies
  • 15 kudos

Resolved! Cannot use RDD and cannot set "spark.databricks.pyspark.enablePy4JSecurity false" for cluster

I have been using "rdd.flatMap(lambda x:x)" for a while to create lists from columns however after I have changed the cluster to a Shared acess mode (to use unity catalog) I get the following error: py4j.security.Py4JSecurityException: Method public ...

• 12 replies
  • 15 kudos
Latest Reply
KandyKad
New Contributor II
  • 15 kudos

Faced this issue multiple times.Solution:1. Don't use Shared Cluster or cluster without Unity Catalog enabled for running 'rdd' queries on Databricks.2. Instead create a Personal Cluster (Single User) with basic configuration and with Unity Catalog e...

• 15 kudos
11 More Replies
Labels