Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Kayla
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors When Using R on Unity Catalog Clusters

We are running into errors when running workflows with multiple jobs using the same notebook/different parameters. They are reading from tables we still have in hive_metastore, there's no Unity Catalog tables or functionality referenced anywhere. We'...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
JameDavi_51481
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can we add tags to Unity Catalog through Terraform?

We use Terraform to manage most of our infrastructure, and I would like to extend this to Unity Catalog. However, we are extensive users of tagging to categorize our datasets, and the only programmatic method I can find for adding tags is to use SQL ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
TMD
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hello,Is there a plan for the Databricks TF provider support tagging in the near future?Thanks.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Dp15
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Using UDF in an insert command

Hi,I am trying to use a UDF to get the last day of the month and use the boolean result of the function in an insert command. Please find herewith the function and the my query.function:import calendarfrom datetime import datetime, date, timedeltadef...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Dp15
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Thank you @Kaniz for your detailed explanation

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
MathewDRitch
by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting from Databricks to Network Path

Hi All,Will appreciate if someone can help me with some references links on connecting from Databricks to external network path. I have Databricks on AWS and previously used to connect to files on external network path using Mount method. Now Databri...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
MathewDRitch
  • 0 kudos

Currently we connect to the cloud storages as external storages using unity catalog. We have not yet connected to the on-premise network storages, which is currently the solution we are looking for. 

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
CDICSteph
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

permission denied listing external volume when using vscode databricks extension

hey, i'm using the Db extension for vscode (Databricks connect v2). When using dbutils to list an external volume defined in UC like so:   dbutils.fs.ls("/Volumes/dev/bronze/rawdatafiles/") i get this error: "databricks.sdk.errors.mapping.PermissionD...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
lukasjh
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

We still face the problem (UC enabled shared cluster). Is there any resolution? @Kaniz  

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Kroy
by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! What is difference between streaming and streaming live table

Can anyone explain in layman what is difference between Streaming and streaming live table ?

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
CharlesReily
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Streaming, in a broad sense, refers to the continuous flow of data over a network. It allows you to watch or listen to content in real-time without having to download the entire file first.  A "Streaming Live Table" might refer to a specific type of ...

• 1 kudos
7 More Replies
kiko_roy
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Permission error loading dataframe from azure unity catalog to GCS bucket

I am creating a data frame by reading a table's data residing in Azure backed unity catalog. I need to write the df or file to GCS bucket. I have configured the spark cluster config using the GCP service account json values.on running : df1.write.for...

Data Engineering
GCS bucket
permission error
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
ruloweb
New Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hi, is there any terraform resource to apply this GRANT or this have to be done always manually?

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
leireroman
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bootstrap Timeout during job cluster start

My job was not able to start because I got this problem in the job cluster.This job is running on a Azure Databricks workspace that has been deployed for almost a year and I have not had this error before. It is deployed in North Europe.After getting...

leireroman_0-1713160992292.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
lukasjh
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

We have the same problem randomly occurring since yesterday in two workspaces.The cluster started fine today in the morning at 08:00, but failed again from around 09:00 on. 

• 0 kudos
MrJava
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 9 kudos

How to know, who started a job run?

Hi there!We have different jobs/workflows configured in our Databricks workspace running on AWS and would like to know who actually started the job run? Are they started by a user or a service principle using curl?Currently one can only see, who is t...

• 9 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
leonorgrosso
  • 9 kudos

I've just posted this idea on the Idea Portal of Databricks regarding this subject. Upvote it so it may get developed!https://feedback.azure.com/d365community/idea/5d0fdbbf-eefb-ee11-a73c-0022485313bb

• 9 kudos
8 More Replies
Karene
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Connection to Redash

Hello,I am trying to connect my Redash account with Databricks so that my organization can run queries on the data in Unity Catalog from Redash.I followed through the steps in the documentation and managed to connect successfully. However, I am only ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Karene, Thanks for reaching out! We'll look into this and get back to you with an answer shortly. Thanks for your patience!

• 0 kudos
AnkithP
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Infer schema eliminating leading zeros.

Upon reading a CSV file with schema inference enabled, I've noticed that a column originally designated as string datatype contains numeric values with leading zeros. However, upon reading the data to Pyspark data frame, it undergoes automatic conver...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors