Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ashraf1395
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Starting Serverless sql cluster on GCP

Hello there,I am trying to start a serverless databricks SQL cluster in GCP. I am following this databricks doc: https://docs.gcp.databricks.com/en/admin/sql/serverless.htmlI have checked that all my requirements are fulfilled for activating the clus...

Screenshot 2024-05-07 113120.png Screenshot 2024-05-07 113137.png
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
ashraf1395
New Contributor
  • 2 kudos

I had another question. Though not related to this thread.Do databricks has any plan for startups, like they have normal free trial

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
MohammadWasi
by Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

i can list out the file using dbutils but can not able to read files in databricks

I can list out the file using dbutils but can not able to read files in databricks. PFB in screenshot. I can able to see the  file using dbutils.fs.ls but when i try to read this file using read_excel then it is showing me an error like "FileNotFound...

MohammadWasi_0-1715064354700.png
Data Engineering
Databricks
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
MohammadWasi
  • 0 kudos

I am using '.xls' format only. 

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
Keyurishah_
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Excited for lakehouse iq

So excited to get my hands on lakehouse iq

Data Engineering
Summit 2023
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Keyurishah_, We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience at DAIS 2023! Your feedback is valuable to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to share it on the community platform. We wanted to let you know that the Databricks Communit...

• 0 kudos
mickniz
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect to Databricks from PowerApps

Hi All,Currently I trying to connect databricks Unity Catalog from Powerapps Dataflow by using spark connector specifying http url and using databricks personal access token as specified in below screenshot: I am able to connect but the issue is when...

mickniz_0-1714487746554.png mickniz_1-1714487891958.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
mickniz
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

thanks for replying @Kaniz . I am using my user person token to connect and I have all access on catalog,schema and tables. I am able to view in Databricks Sql editor but not via Spark connector in power apps. It still shows me Is there anything else...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Nastia
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

I am getting NoneType error when running a query from API on cluster

When I am running a query on Databricks itself from notebook, it is running fine and giving me results. But the same query when executed from FastAPI (Python, using databricks library) is giving me "TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable".I can...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Nastia, The “TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable” error typically occurs when you try to iterate over a variable that has a value of None. Let’s explore some possible solutions to address this issue: Check for None before Iterating: ...

• 0 kudos
jitesh
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Code reusability for silver table transformations

How/how many databricks notebooks should be created to populate multiple silver delta tables, all having different and complex transformations ? What's the best practice -1. create a notebook each for a silver table ?2. push SQL transformation logic ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @jitesh, When organizing your Databricks Notebooks for multiple silver Delta tables with different and complex transformations, it’s essential to follow best practices. Here are some recommendations: Separate Notebooks for Each Layer: Bronze L...

• 0 kudos
Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks cell-level code parallel execution through the Python threading library

Hi Team,We are currently planning to  implement Databricks cell-level code parallel execution through the Python threading library. We are interested in comprehending the resource consumption and allocation process from the cluster. Are there any pot...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Phani1, Implementing Databricks cell-level code parallel execution through the Python threading library can be beneficial for performance, but there are some considerations to keep in mind. Let’s break it down: Resource Consumption and Alloca...

• 0 kudos
Fresher
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

users are deleted/ unsynced from azure AD to databricks

In azure AD, it's shows users are synced to Databricks. But in Databricks, it's showing users is not a part of the group. The user is not part of only one group , he is part of remaining groups. All the syncing works fine till yesterday. I don't now ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Fresher, It sounds like you’re experiencing an issue with user synchronization between Azure AD and Databricks. Let’s troubleshoot this together! Here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue: Check SCIM Provisioning Configuration: En...

• 0 kudos
chloeh
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chaining window aggregations in SQL

In my SQL data transformation pipeline, I'm doing chained/cascading window aggregations: for example, I want to do average over the last 5 minutes, then compute average over the past day on top of the 5 minute average, so that my aggregations are mor...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @chloeh, You’re working with a Spark SQL data transformation pipeline involving chained window aggregations. Let’s look at your code snippet and see if we can identify the issue. First, let’s break down the steps you’ve implemented: You’re read...

• 0 kudos
AdityaM
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating external tables using gzipped CSV file - S3 URI without extensions

Hi Databricks community,Hope you are doing well.I am trying to create an external table using a Gzipped CSV file uploaded to an S3 bucket.The S3 URI of the resource doesn't have any file extensions, but the content of the file is a Gzipped comma sepa...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @AdityaM, It seems you’re encountering an issue with creating an external table from a Gzipped CSV file in Databricks using an S3 URI without file extensions. Let’s address this step by step. SerDe (Serializer/Deserializer): When creating an e...

• 0 kudos
kazinahian
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lowcode ETL in Databricks

Hello everyone,I work as a Business Intelligence practitioner, employing tools like Alteryx or various low-code solutions to construct ETL processes and develop data pipelines for my Dashboards and reports. Currently, I'm delving into Azure Databrick...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @kazinahian,  In the Azure ecosystem, you have a few options for building ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data pipelines, including low-code solutions. Let’s explore some relevant tools: Azure Data Factory: Purpose: Azure Data Factory is a clou...

• 0 kudos
jainshasha
by New Contributor II
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos

Job Cluster in Databricks workflow

Hi,I have configured 20 different workflows in Databricks. All of them configured with job cluster with different name. All 20 workfldows scheduled to run at same time. But even configuring different job cluster in all of them they run sequentially w...

• 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
emora
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Honestly you shouldn't have any kind of limitation executing diferent workflows.I did a test case in my Databricks and if you have your workflows with a job cluster your shouldn't have limitation. But I did all my test in Azure and just for you to kn...

• 2 kudos
11 More Replies
namankhamesara
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error while running Databricks modules

Hi Databricks Community,I am following https://customer-academy.databricks.com/learn/course/1266/data-engineering-with-databricks?generated_by=575333&hash=6edddab97f2f528922e2d38d8e4440cda4e5302a this course provided by databricks. In this when I am ...

namankhamesara_0-1715054731073.png
Data Engineering
databrickscommunity
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @namankhamesara, Thank you for reaching out! It appears there might be an issue with accessing the data for your course. To expedite your request and resolve this issue promptly, please list your concerns on our ticketing portal. Our support staff...

• 0 kudos
Shazam
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ingestion time clustering -Initial load

As per info available ingestion time clustering makes use of time of the time a file is written or ingested in databricks. In a use case where there is  new delta table and an etl which runs in timely fashion(say daily) inserting records, am able to ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Shazam, Great questions! Let’s break down each scenario: Initial Data Migration: When migrating data from an existing platform to Databricks, you might have a large initial load of records. In this case, ingestion time clustering can still be...

• 0 kudos
Anske
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! DLT apply_changes applies only deletes and inserts not updates

Hi,I have a DLT pipeline that applies changes from a source table (cdctest_cdc_enriched) to a target table (cdctest), by the following code:dlt.apply_changes(    target = "cdctest",    source = "cdctest_cdc_enriched",    keys = ["ID"],    sequence_by...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Anske, It seems you’re encountering an issue with your Delta Live Tables (DLT) pipeline where updates from the source table are not being correctly applied to the target table. Let’s troubleshoot this together! Pipeline Update Process: Whe...

• 1 kudos
5 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors