cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding service principal with Microsoft Entra ID fails

Daan_Fostier
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to add a service principal using Microsoft Entre ID, but I encounter an issue as described in the following documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/dev-tools/auth/oauth-m2m.

I followed the instructions step by step, but at step 3, I receive the following error:

"Failed to add existing service principal"

"Successfully created new service principal but failed to add the new service principal to this workspace. Error fetching user"

Daan_Fostier_0-1725548408289.png

Identity federation is enabled, as the option to add service principals is available, and adding Databricks specific service principals works.

Daan_Fostier_1-1725548706489.png

Under "Groups" and "Service Principals," I can see the service principal I'm trying to add, but it does not appear under "Users," and it doesn't seem possible to add the user manually.

How can I successfully add these users to the workspace?

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group