cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Allow non-admin users to view the driver logs from a Unity Catalog-enabled pipeline

saravjeet
New Contributor III

We are trying to enable the option to allow log reading to the non-admin users in  the databricks wokspace but we are not able to see the obvious way to check them. The documentation is not showing after enabling the below property where to check the driver logs for a DLT pipeline. 

{
"configuration": {
"spark.databricks.acl.needAdminPermissionToViewLogs": "false"
}
}

Reference link:

https://docs.databricks.com/en/delta-live-tables/settings.html#driver-log-permissions

2 REPLIES 2

gchandra
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Do they see these links in the pipeline?

dlt_log.png

~

saravjeet
New Contributor III

I can see it in development environment where I have the admin privilege, the issue is - when my pipelines are deployed to QA or UAT environment (higher environments) then this code will be deployed by the technical user due to this no one in my team is able to see the running pipelines or any associated logs. So I am trying to access the these DLT logs as non-admin user in QA workspace as per the shared article in the original post. I hope this is clear. Thanks. 

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group