cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure databricks issue

gilShin
Contributor

Hi,

I'm using Azure databricks service and having trouble blocking public access to my workspace.
The security groups that are attached to the subnets that databrics is using are being ignored.

From what I've learned in the last couple of days, the databricks control plane doesn't run in my vnet and subnets but in Microsoft backbone network. I've tried solve that out using a firewall but couldn't make it work and it is an ugly approach. I've asked in Azure community forum and got a procedure to follow which hadn't worked as well. The procedure was to create a NIC with a public IP and attach it to the subnet. Then. create a route table which consists of a route rule from the control plane to the NIC public IP but this hadn't worked as well.

Any guidence here would be appreciated
Thanks
Gil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gilShin
Contributor

Hi
Forgot to mention that I was using standard edition when writing this question but after struggling too long with that we've decided to upgrade to premium and use the IP access list feature and that worked!

Thanks
Gil

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@gilShin did you tried this approach, this is other way to block access to your workspace

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/security/network/ip-access-list-workspace

gilShin
Contributor

Hi
Forgot to mention that I was using standard edition when writing this question but after struggling too long with that we've decided to upgrade to premium and use the IP access list feature and that worked!

Thanks
Gil

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @gilShinWe value your perspective! Please help our community flourish by identifying the most informative and accurate responses. Your participation makes us stronger.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.