cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we turn off Playground & Marketplace for some users?

msserpa
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well with you!

I'm reaching out to the community for some advice on customizing our workspace settings. Specifically, I have two things I'm trying to figure out:

1. Disabling the "Playground" Option: Is there a way to turn off the Playground feature for certain groups of users? I've been looking into it but haven't found a clear path forward.

2. Turning Off the Marketplace Feature: We're also considering disabling the Marketplace. Any tips on how to do this, or if it's even possible?

Thanks in advance for your help and insights!

169300_1-1704556176241.png

Best,

Best Regards
2 REPLIES 2

Walter_C
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

As of now there is no option to have this options disabled within the UI or API calls available for users. If you have a support contract available I will suggest to open a support request so this can be validated with engineering team.

Wing139
New Contributor II

how can we turn on the playground option, i cannot find it

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!