cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks Job alerts

Priyam1
New Contributor III

I'm currently running jobs on job clusters and would like these jobs to time out after 168 hours (7 days), at which point a new job cluster will be assigned. This timeout is specifically to ensure that jobs don't run on the same cluster for too long, allowing a fresh new cluster to take over. However, I don't want to receive alerts for these timeouts—only for actual job failures. I've noticed that enabling failure alerts also triggers alerts for timeouts, which creates unnecessary noise. How can I configure the system to notify me only of job failures and not timeouts?

1 REPLY 1

Yeshwanth
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

@Priyam1 Good day!
Based on the information provided, it seems that we do not have a direct way to mute notifications for timed-out jobs while still receiving alerts for job failures.

You can reduce the number of notifications sent by filtering out notifications when a run is skipped or canceled. To filter notifications, check Mute notifications for skipped runs or Mute notifications for canceled runs when you add or modify email notifications or system notifications.

More details: https://docs.databricks.com/en/workflows/jobs/job-notifications.html#filter-out-notifications-for-sk...

Best regards