Administration & Architecture
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GCP - (DWH) Cluster Start-up Delayed - Failing to start

avrm91
New Contributor II

I face the issue that my fresh new Databricks workspace is not capable to start any cluster.
"Cluster Start-up Delayed. Please wait while we continue to try and start the cluster. No action is required from you."
After 1830 seconds (30,5 minutes) the warning is changing to:
"Failing to start. Clusters are failing to launch. Cluster launch will be retried. Details for the latest failure: Error 1 out of 2 pods scheduled. Failed to launch cluster in Kubernetes in 1830 seconds. Driver container readiness: false, last executors readiness ratio: 1/1, expected executors readiness ratio: 0.5. FailedToScaleUp caused by GCE quota exceeded: Node scale up in zones europe-west3-b associated with this pod failed: GCE quota exceeded. Pod is at risk of not being scheduled. Type: CLIENT_ERROR Code: GCP_QUOTA_EXCEEDED Cluster-id (internal): xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx.
I tried another area europe-west1 instead of europe-west3 but I get the same error. 
#GCP 

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @avrm91

avrm91
New Contributor II

Thank you for the hint.
avrm91_0-1711448660799.png

I found this SQL warehouse sizing, scaling, and queuing behavior | Databricks on Google Cloud
avrm91_1-1711449016989.png

So I need 8 x n2 and 16 x vCPU (all regions) free/available to start the dwh. Do I understand this correct?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.