cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notebook Id level of uniqueness

MasJamei
New Contributor II

Hi there,

We know that notebook ids are unique. https://docs.databricks.com/en/workspace/workspace-details.html but I want to know in what level they're unique. For example, if Notebook Ids are unique within a workspace, or are they universally unique.

The reason of this questions is that when we capture a notebook using the public API, it doesn't tell us the co-related workspace for the notebook. So for us it's important to know how we can manage our universal identifiers.

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MasJamei , This article explains how to get workspace, cluster, directory, model, notebook, and job identifiers and URLs in Databricks.

MasJamei
New Contributor II

@Kaniz wrote:

Hi @MasJamei, This article explains how to get workspace, cluster, directory, model, notebook, and job identifiers and URLs in Databricks.

Hi @Kaniz As you can see I've referred to this article in my question. In the article it's mentioned "Each notebook has a unique ID" but I want to know in what level these IDs are unique. For example, if Notebook Ids are unique within a workspace, or are they universally unique.

Thanks