cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent service principal UUID from appearing on job name

TheManOfSteele
New Contributor II

Hello!

I am using service principal id to authenticate my databricks bundle. But when the job runs, this id is automatically appended to both the name and tags column on the jobs run page. 

In my databricks.yml file I have name: "[${var.environment}]" for the job. But on databricks,  it looks something like [xxxxxxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxx_xxxxxxxxxxxx] [${var.environment}]. 

How can I stop databricks from appending the service principal uuid to the name? 

Thank you very much!

Zach

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

breaka
New Contributor III

Hi!

Sounds like the "development" mode. DAB will automatically prefix your jobname with <env> <user name> if you set "mode" to "development" in the databricks.yml file. The name lookup for service principals apparently doesn't work nicely and you get the UUID instead (the same thing happens with my deployments on AWS).

David

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

breaka
New Contributor III

Hi!

Sounds like the "development" mode. DAB will automatically prefix your jobname with <env> <user name> if you set "mode" to "development" in the databricks.yml file. The name lookup for service principals apparently doesn't work nicely and you get the UUID instead (the same thing happens with my deployments on AWS).

David

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group