cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ubuntu 22 ODBC Connectivity Issue with PHP - SQL error: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib

ParameshM
New Contributor

Dear Friends,

I'm having trouble connecting to Databricks ODBC from Ubuntu 22. I followed the steps documented here: https://docs.databricks.com/en/integrations/jdbc-odbc-bi.html#odbc-linux

Here is my odbc.ini file:

[ODBC Data Sources]
Databricks=Databricks ODBC Connector

[Databricks]
Driver=/opt/simba/spark/lib/64/libsparkodbc_sb64.so
Host=server.cloud.databricks.com
Port=443
HTTPPath=sql/protocolv1/o/path/path_value
ThriftTransport=2
SSL=1
AuthMech=3
UID=token
PWD=TokenValuePastedInConfig

I installed unixodbc and the Simba spark drivers - no issues during the installation. When I try to connect though, I keep getting the following error, and I gave up searching for answers online:

odbc_connect(): SQL error: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '\/opt\/simba\/spark\/lib\/64\/libsparkodbc_sb64.so' : file not found, SQL state 01000 in SQLConnect

Need help from someone who has successfully connected to ODBC from Ubuntu, if I'm doing something wrong - thanks for your help!

Note - The connection works in Windows

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group