cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Announcements
Stay up-to-date with the latest announcements from Databricks. Learn about product updates, new features, and important news that impact your data analytics workflow.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ”” Attention Databricks Academy Users: SSO Implementation Incoming! Secure Your Account Today!

Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

On May 18th a new SSO user experience will launch in Customer and Partner Academy. In order to secure your account, please see the instructions below on how to update and verify that your data is correct and complete. Please ensure that you have two emails (company and a recovery) email associated with your account.

Customer Academy 

Please see walkthrough on how to verify and/or update your email and secondary email address in Customer Academy

Steps 

1. Log into Customer Academy

2. On the home page locate your profile box and select โ€œMy profileโ€ 

3. Scroll down and Update/Verify your email addresses

• Email - Please use this field for your company email address
  • Secondary Email (personal)
    Sujitha_0-1715596765217.png

4. When you are finished click โ€œSave Changesโ€

Partner Academy 

Please see walk through on how to verify and/or update your primary and secondary email address in Customer Academy 

Steps 
1. Log into Partner Academy 

2. Navigate to the menu โšŸ in the top left corner 

3. Click on the โ€œpencil iconโ€ - My Profile 

4. Scroll down and Update/Verify your email addresses

• Email - Please use this field for your company email address
  • Secondary Email (personal)
    Sujitha_1-1715596782895.png

5. When you are finished click โ€œSave Changesโ€

To receive additional support or address any other issues you encounter, kindly detail your concerns on our ticketing portal. Our support team will swiftly address your needs.

54 REPLIES 54

Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemartyYou need to update your personal email in the Company email field. It is just renamed from Company email to Secondary email.

MaxWeiss
New Contributor II

I have my private email as primary and company email currently stays as secondary. I prefer to use private email for all relevant emails from academy, registering for exams, etc. Do I need to switch those 2 emails?

Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MaxWeiss Yes, you have to switch those emails. In order to receive the Academy (customer or partner) account benefits they have to update their work email address in the primary email field.

freygeospatial
New Contributor III

I have switched my emails around, but I cannot save my selections. I've submitted a ticket to address this, but it sounds like I'm not the only one having issues with that.

Hi @freygeospatial,

That does sound frustrating! It's great that you've submitted a ticket, and rest assured, our support team is on it. Hang tight, and hopefully, they'll have it sorted out soon. If you need anything else, just give us a shout!

Webmonkey
New Contributor II

Why is the company mail required? One can not learn Databricks on our own time and thus prepare for an upcoming opertunity, just like with Microsoft Learn?

A lot of on-demand trainings are only free for customers or partners, hence the need to fill in your company email address.

DavidStruzik
New Contributor II

I'm a consultant. I work with multiple companies, but I don't have a main one. I'm not comfortable setting any of my emails in clients' domains on my profile. Is it OK for me to keep using my personal one?

leocarvalho
New Contributor II

I can not access my account since the login change.

How could I set my personal email?

Are there another way to log in and set the personal email?

Today I've open the second ticket to try solve my problem.

The first one, stayed open for more than one week, and nobody could help me.

PlanosdeSaรบderj
New Contributor II

Muito Obrigada pela dica