Community Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem has occured

THIAM_HUATTAN
Valued Contributor
I am using the Community version of Databricks, and even though how much I clear and delete my items, notebooks, the below message appear when I want to insert a new cell in the notebook. Where can I see my usage and quota?

A problem has occured
Server error: Workspace quota exceeded (using 111 of 100 MB allowed). You must delete some items from your Workspace, such as notebooks, to continue.
2 REPLIES 2

saikumar246
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @THIAM_HUATTAN I appreciate your approach to seeking guidance!

The error message you're seeing indicates that you've exceeded the workspace quota (100 MB). This quota includes all notebooks and libraries in your workspace, and any data stored in tables. Even though you've deleted some items and notebooks, the error might persist because the deleted items are still in the trash. Databricks do not immediately free up the space when you delete items. Instead, it moves them to the trash, which is still part of your workspace. The items in the trash are permanently deleted after 7 days, or you can manually empty the trash to immediately free up space.

Here's how to empty the trash:

1. Click on the Workspace button on the left sidebar.
2. At the bottom of the workspace panel, click on the Trash button.
3. In the trash, you can click on the 'Empty Trash' button to permanently delete all items and free up your space.

Remember: Once you empty the trash, you cannot recover the deleted items.

Leave a like if this helps, followups are appreciated.

Kudos,

Sai Kumar

THIAM_HUATTAN
Valued Contributor

sorry, I do not see any Trash button on my side. Can you printscreen?