Community Discussions
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't Create a Workspace using Google Cloud

Hetnon
New Contributor II

Trying to create my first workspace. I hit create my space and I see 3 buckets being created on my GCP, but nothing shows up in the actual 'workspaces' in my databricks console. the only thing is the  'create workspace' button' also, there is no error message nowhere to be seen. I did it 3x and each time created 3 buckets and nothing else. I'm trying to test the LLM api to see if I switch from what I've been using now in my system. Is it available already? Seems the process is too clucky to simply using getting an API key to make an API call.

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @HetnonCreating a Databricks workspace can indeed be a bit tricky at times, but letโ€™s troubleshoot this together!

Here are some steps you can take to address the issue:

1. Check Resource Provider Registration: Ensure that the Microsoft.Databricks resource provider is registered and has the status โ€œRegisteredโ€ in your Azure subscription. If itโ€™s not registered, you can do so using the Azure CLI or PowerShell. Sometimes creating the workspace in a different Azure region might also help resolve the issue1.

2. Storage Configuration:

3. Credentials Configuration:

4. Update a Failed Workspace: If the status of your new workspace is โ€œFailedโ€, you can update the failed workspace configuration and try creating it again with the new configuration. Log in to the account console as an account admin, navigate to the Workspaces page, click the name o...3.

If you encounter any further issues, feel free to ask for more assistance. Good luck with your Databricks journey! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hetnon
New Contributor II

Hi, unfortunately I wasn't able to really grasp how to use the product. I had problems setting up the workspace and didn't understand how to setup and trial. I wanted to trial the LLM but couldn't.
I tried to deactivate the trial, which is coming to an end on the 22/04 but I'm not really sure if that worked too. The process was a whole really cumbersome.
I'm just writing to make sure I won't be billed anything at all related to the use of databricks. If you could reply just acknowledging this message and checking that the subscription was actually cancelled and no charge will incur until we properly understand the capabilities and can use it, I would much appreciate it.

And before ending, my message mentioned GCP which stands for Google Cloud Platform, and all your answers are related to AWS and their respective services. I would advise more careful answers to potential clients.

The email I'm sending this is not the main account user for the GCP, so I would appreciate a direct contact to check if the trial for the correct account has been terminated. I didn't find anywhere to contact Databricks directly.

Best Regards,
Hetnon Freitas

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.