cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create an account to try Community Edition

EvanMarth
New Contributor III

Hi,

Whenever I try to signup for an account, I keep getting the following message  - "an error has occurred. please try again later" when I click on the button "get started with databricks community edition".

Could you please let me know why this could be? I tried on different days, different computer and on different browser (edge, chrome) but always the same message.

Do you have any advices ? I need to have access to that to help my students (I'm a mentor freelance)

Thanks,

Evan

7 REPLIES 7

arpit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@EvanMarth Can you take some screenshots and attach here. Also, I would say this error seems client side issue, so HAR extract may be required.

Here's how to extract the HAR file in Chrome while you are reproducing this issue:
1. Right-click in the browser window or tab and select Inspect.
2. Click the Network tab in the panel that appears.
3. Navigate to the URL you want to traffic.
4. Click the download button. (Export HAR appears when you hold the pointer over it.)
5. Name the file.
6. Click Save.

EvanMarth
New Contributor III

Yeah sure. Here's some screenshots.

I tried your solution but I cannot find the export HAR ?

Capture.PNG is just the error message and Capture2.PNG is where I'm stuck in you solution (step 4)

Thanks

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please look at this link related to the Community - Edition, which might solve your problem.

I appreciate your interest in sharing your Community-Edition query with us.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

EvanMarth
New Contributor III

Thanks but this is for when you already have an account but you cannot log in. My problem is I cannot even create an account. 

rajesh-gupta
New Contributor II

@EvanMarth  Dd found a solution to the above problem, facing the same issue.

defUsername
New Contributor II

@EvanMarth @rajesh-gupta 

Just to make sure, are you using the following URL? :
https://www.databricks.com/try-databricks#account

You'll need to fill out your details, if you don't have a comp you can fill in n/a.

After clicking continue, select `Get Started With Community Edition`

defUsername_0-1709034630049.png

I've just tested this and it's worked for me. If you're using any VPN's it might help to turn those off. 

EvanMarth
New Contributor III

Hello,

Yeah I used this URL, I filled out my details and I selected : "Get Started With Community Edition"

I did the puzzle and get the same error I had since the last few weeks : 'An error has occurred. Please try again later."

And also I don't have any VPN

I'm quite sad, I really wanted to use DataBricks

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!