cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chrome browser is very slow

New Contributor III

Hi. Recently, I've found that Databricks is really slow when editing notebooks, such as adding cells, copying and pasting text or cells, etc. It's just the past few weeks actually. 

I'm using Chrome version 118.0.5993.118. Everything else with Chrome is fine, it's just with Databricks. And running Spark jobs is fine as well, it's just the browser response is slow. 

Do you have any recommendations before I try another such as Firefox? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

New Contributor III

It seems related to the notebook length (number of cells). The notebook that was really slow had about 40-50 cells, which I've done before without issue. 

Anyway after starting a new notebook using Chrome, it seems useable again. So without a specific solution, I would advise keeping notebooks short (less than 30 cells, for example). 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Emil_Kaminski
Contributor

I had the same. Chrome is really bad in memory management. After switching to version 119 it got a bit better. The only things which I figured out was to keep minimum open number of tabs, and kill other memory consuming programs, working in the background. Which can be found in task manager. 

** You might also want to subscribe to Warsaw Databricks YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1-u_2nI97cNHtu_FQ3HP_A

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @397973 , Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.

To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?

This will also help other community members who may have similar questions in the future. Thank you for your participation and let us know if you need any further assistance! 

New Contributor III

It seems related to the notebook length (number of cells). The notebook that was really slow had about 40-50 cells, which I've done before without issue. 

Anyway after starting a new notebook using Chrome, it seems useable again. So without a specific solution, I would advise keeping notebooks short (less than 30 cells, for example). 

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!