cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Power BI to aws databricks using service principal

FaizH
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to connect AWS Databricks to PowerBI using service principal. Below are the steps I followed:

1. Created Service Principal in Identity and Access

FaizH_0-1720813920178.png

2. I went to Permission setting page under Settings>Advanced and added this new service principal with below permission.

FaizH_1-1720814138258.png

3. I connected to Databricks using PAT and generated token value:

FaizH_2-1720814351495.png

4. I went to the Catalog page and granted permission to this new service principal account

FaizH_5-1720814797997.png

5. I added the generated token value in step 3 to Power BI report under edit credentials and I got this error.

FaizH_4-1720814710478.png

Does any one where I am going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FaizH
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply, I got the solution. I was missing adding SP account in SQL Warehouse permission setting. After adding it, my PBI report is working fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

iakshaykr
New Contributor III

@FaizH - 

Try this : https://docs.databricks.com/en/partners/bi/power-bi.html and also explore this https://docs.databricks.com/en/integrations/compute-details.html make sure you are usign correct Authentication method . 

NOTE : Also may be your SPN is not create in Azure AD ( Databricks (Beta), if you authenticate using OAuth. )

FaizH
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply, I got the solution. I was missing adding SP account in SQL Warehouse permission setting. After adding it, my PBI report is working fine.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group