cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks Bundle Error

Simon_T
New Contributor III

I am running this command:

databricks bundle deploy --profile DAVE2_Dev --debug

And I am getting this error:

10:13:28 DEBUG open dir C:\Users\teffs.THEAA\OneDrive - AA Ltd\Databricks\my_project\dist: open C:\Users\teffs.THEAA\OneDrive - AA Ltd\Databricks\my_project\dist: The system cannot find the file specified. pid=1376

10:13:28 ERROR Error: cannot find built wheel in C:\Users\teffs.THEAA\OneDrive - AA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Simon_T
New Contributor III

So I found a link to a page that said that the databricks bundle command is expecting python3.exe instead of python.exe. So I took a copy of python.exe and renamed it to python3.exe and that seems to work. Thanks for investigating though.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Simon_T, Could you please verify that the path C:\Users\teffs.THEAA\OneDrive - AA Ltd\Databricks\my_project\dist exists and contains the necessary files? Make sure the file youโ€™re trying to deploy is present in that directory.

Simon_T
New Contributor III

So I created the folder dist in folder, as mentioned, which does exist but the folder is deleted when I run the command. As for the required files, the files were created by running the command databricks bundle init , so what files could be potentially missing?

Simon_T
New Contributor III

So I found a link to a page that said that the databricks bundle command is expecting python3.exe instead of python.exe. So I took a copy of python.exe and renamed it to python3.exe and that seems to work. Thanks for investigating though.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group