cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

lakime
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PowerApps + Delta Lake

Is there any native way to Insert data from PowerApps directly into Delta Lake?I can of course create a workflow - and push the data via API, but is there any alternative ?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @lakime, There are a couple of ways you can achieve this: Synapse Link for Dataverse: Set up Synapse Link for Dataverse in your Azure environment.Use the Make.powerapps UI to create a near-real-time data replication link from Dataverse to your...

• 0 kudos
IvanK
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADF - Fails to run job in workspace in another subscription

We are trying to run a Databricks job from ADF, but we keep getting the following error:Operation on target Run dbt job failed: {"error_code":"PERMISSION_DENIED","message":"User <adf-mi-prod-id> does not have Manage Run or Owner or Admin permissions...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @IvanK, Could you please share the error stack with us?  

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
tirato
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Training/Fine-Tunning Foundation model

When I was tring ti run the dbdemos for llm-rag-fine-tuning I'm stuck on one of the first lines of code. When trying to execute the function: databricks.model.foundation_model.create(...) with the Mistral_7B_instruct_v2.0 it is failing with the follo...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @tirato, Ensure that the service principal you’re using has the necessary permissions. You might need to add the service principal to the list of authorized users in the Account Console.After creating the access connector, an API call is made t...

• 0 kudos
Sushant-db
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks vs. Competitors: Key Features

Hi everyone,Can anyone share insights on the key features that differentiate Databricks from its competitors? Looking forward to your thoughts!Thanks!

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Sushant-db, Databricks stands out in several key areas compared to its competitors: Performance Optimization: Databricks optimizes Apache Spark™’s performance, offering faster data processing speeds1.Enhanced Data Reliability: Integration with...

• 0 kudos
SridharADB
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cluster Termination Issue

Hi, I am new to ADB and started recently using this community edition. I created a cluster and it is terminating immediately when i use to connect.What I am missing or what i need do? kindly help me. 

SridharADB_0-1719551064801.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
sara-aliza
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pystan3 with databricks runtime 13.3

I am getting a read-only error when running pystan3 build() in a UDF.I think the issue is related to the location that the code is being run from, which is read-only. I am looking to set a custom cache location inside the UDF. Based on this link  I a...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks JDBC driver attempting to pass access token (JWT) from an external IDP (OKTA)

Configured a Databricks workspace for SSO to an IDP (OKTA).Databricks JDBC driver 02.06.38.1068Attempting to connect to Databricks using a URL similar to following where access token is obtained from the IDP (OKTA). Using tool such as SQLSquirrel wit...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Yes, latest version 02.06.38.1068Would like to know if other persons have successfully passed access tokens from an external IDP via the driver.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
satniks
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

PERSIST TABLE is not supported on serverless compute. Any workaround?

I tried the serverless compute cluster and executed my workload, but it gave following error: [NOT_SUPPORTED_WITH_SERVERLESS] PERSIST TABLE is not supported on serverless compute. SQLSTATE: 0A000Can databricks team provide more information on this li...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @satniks, The error message you encountered—“[NOT_SUPPORTED_WITH_SERVERLESS] PERSIST TABLE is not supported on serverless compute. SQLSTATE: 0A000”—indicates that the PERSIST TABLE operation is not allowed in a serverless compute environment. U...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
jannemanson
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

run datarbicks worflow as service pricipal (managed identity) reads from azure dev ops repo Failed

Hello,we are running a workflow as a service principal, that is a aad managed identity. This does result in the issue: run databricks workflow as service principal the reads from azure dev ops repo Failed to checkout Git repository: PERMISSION_DENIED...

Community Discussions
azure
managed identity
Service Principal
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
IvanK
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

We managed to solve this problem, however it is not an elegant solution. Databricks should simplify this.The steps that have to be done are listed below. We are using user assigned managed identity (MI), but I assume this should work for Azure Servic...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
pjv
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Driver and worker node utalisation

Hi all! Can anyone tell me if having a worker node(s) of the same type as my driver node make a difference performance-wise if I am running normal python code on a notebook as a job on this cluster? I am running mostly machine learning libraries such...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
pjv
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Thanks @raphaelblg ! That makes sense. 

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
dataailearner
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cluster Auto Termination Best Practices

Are there any recommended practices to set cluster auto termination for cost optimization?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ravivarma
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hello @dataailearner , Greetings of the day! Here are a few steps that you can follow for cost optimizations: 1. Choose the most efficient compute size: Databricks runs one executor per worker node. The total number of cores across all executors is a...

• 0 kudos
vaidhaicha
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Custom model Serving endpoint Failing

Hello all, I have created a custom model serving endpoint in Azure databricks. This endpoint connects with the AzureopenAI model and Azure postgres connection.All of these Azure services are with Private endpoints. When I run this notebook,I am able ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @vaidhaicha, It sounds like you’re encountering issues with your custom model serving endpoint in Azure Databricks, specifically when querying through the serving endpoint using your Personal Access Token (PAT). A private endpoint is a network ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
pjv
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VSCode Databricks Extension

Hi all,I've been trying to sync my VSCode IDE with our Databricks GCP workspace using the Databricks extension. I am able to connect authenticate my account and workspace and find our clusters. However, when I try to sync a destination it throws a st...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
pjv
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

@Kaniz_Fatma thanks for you response.I am not running through a proxy. At least, not on purpose. How do I know if I am running through a proxy? And where can I find the values of <proxy_url> and <port> so that I can try restarting my VSCode.I have tr...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
User1234
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Cluster compute metrics

I want to fetch compute metrics(hardware, gpu and spark) and use them in certain dashboard on Databricks, however i'm not able to fetch them. i have tried GET API request and system tables. The system tables only have CPU utilization and memory utili...

Community Discussions
cluster
compute
metrics
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
BlakeWood
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Replying for the updates.

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!