cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks workspace unstable

rajib_bahar_ptg
New Contributor III

Our company's databricks workspace is unstable lately. It can't launch any compute cluster. I have never seen this issue. In addition to this issues, I have seen storage credential error on main unity catalog. Why would this happen AWS Databricks instance?

I am a bit puzzled by this because the premium version of my GCP Databricks in my personal GCP Cloud account never had this  issue. I am guessing the DevOps personnel who setup our company's AWS Databricks may not have had enough privilege. 

I'm looking for few hints or things to try.

7 REPLIES 7

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rajib_bahar_ptg , 

There could be several reasons why the Databricks workspace is unstable and why you can't launch any compute cluster.

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your Databricks account status and any related notifications or updates from Databricks. Some issues with the Databricks workspace might be due to scheduled maintenance, upgrades, or outages. You can also check Databricks status page to see any potential issues.

2. Check your workspace settings and available resources. You might be facing issues if there are not enough resources available to launch a compute cluster. Try reducing the size of the cluster or increasing the timeout duration.

3. Check your AWS Service Limits. Ensure that your Amazon EC2 or Amazon S3 service limits are not being exceeded. You can view your service limits by using the Limits page in the AWS Management Console.

4. Check for any network connectivity issues between your Databricks workspace and your AWS resources. Ensure that the network settings and firewall rules are properly configured to allow communication between the two.

5. Check your AWS Databricksโ€™ IAM roles and policies. Ensure that the IAM roles and policies are properly configured to allow access to Databricks resources. Also, be sure to check if your storage credentials are properly configured.

6. If you still can't resolve the issue, contact Databricksโ€™ support team for further assistance.

rajib_bahar_ptg
New Contributor III

We opened a support ticket. Let's see how it goes.

Thanks for letting me know that we've opened a support ticket. I appreciate your proactive approach, and I'm eager to see how our support team handles the issue. If there's any additional information or assistance needed from my end, please feel free to reach out. Let's stay in the loop and keep an eye on the progress. Here's to a smooth resolution!

We opened a ticket and haven't received any automated response saying that the ticket was received. Is that expected? The ticket was opened from peopletech.com.

jose_gonzalez

Hi @rajib_bahar_ptg

Could you please share the ticket number? I can pull the ticket and check the latest status. 

rajib_bahar_ptg
New Contributor III

Hi @jose_gonzalez --- We didn't receive any ticket id. The request would have come from peopletech.com domain.

rajib_bahar_ptg
New Contributor III

Hello @Kaniz_Fatma and @jose_gonzalez ,

I couldn't locate the support ticket we opened. How can we track that ticket down? It came from the peopletech.com domain. If it is more efficient to create another ticket, please let me know. Let us know the URL to the correct support portal where we can create the ticket.  

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group