cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Editor lags

radix
New Contributor II

Does anyone else experiencing lags on the Databricks notebook editor?
The typing is sometimes very slow causes the cell to hang for a moment. (Using python)

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @radix

Kash905
New Contributor II

Its not about query performance on cluster rather it is about editing a databricks notebook. it takes longer to edit a cell and most of the time it shows a popup of the browser that the databricks notebook is not responding. Hope it make sense

jmorris
New Contributor II

Did you ever figure this out? The best I can figure it breaking up into more cells or separate notebooks....

a-sky
New Contributor II

The notebook editor has been sluggish for me regardless of splitting up between cells and the language in use. Very frustrating.

jmorris
New Contributor II

I ended up just breaking up that notebook and using the %run command to run them at the same time

A DE I work with was saying to keep cells under 1K lines and notebooks under 10K I believe so I'm just splitting them up more now.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group