cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Error: Folder xxxx@xxx.com is protected

scharly3
New Contributor II

Hello, 

On Azure Databricks i'm trying to remove a folder on the Repos folder using the following command : 

databricks workspace delete "/Repos/xxx@xx.com"

I got the following error message:

databricks workspace delete "/Repos/xxxx@xx.com"
Error: Folder xxxx@xxx.com is protected

Looks like this the folder is a special one, any idea how to remove it ? 

3 REPLIES 3

Walter_C
Honored Contributor

Repos folders in Databricks are linked to the email addresses of users and are protected, meaning they cannot be deleted using the standard delete command. This is because these folders are special and are associated with the user's workspace.

Once a user is deleted from the workspace the folder should became a normal folder and you should be able to delete it until then.

scharly3
New Contributor II

Hello Walter, 

Thanks for your help,

I'm the user that did create this folder and I do have a user folder under /Users/xxxx@xx.com and i'm fine with it.

This one in /Repos seems of as I only have my user in it. 

Any way to force delete it without deleting myself from the company ? ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Regards,

Walter_C
Honored Contributor

The repo/username folder is your home folder and it is a system folder. Therefore, the folder cannot be deleted or renamed

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group