cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ERROR WHILE CREATING CLUTER IN COMMUNITY VERSION

_raman_
New Contributor II

From past two hours i am trying to create a cluster but it is getting failed after trying of 15-20 minutes.

the red sign is coming after the cluster name which says that : Bootstrap Timeout:
Node daemon ping timeout in 780000 ms for instance i-05ff43bc1d12412b5 @ 10.172.216.96. Please check network connectivity between the data plane and the control plane.

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @_raman_I understand that youโ€™re facing issues while creating a cluster, and youโ€™re encountering a Bootstrap Timeout error with the message:

Node daemon ping timeout in 780000 ms for instance i-05ff43bc1d12412b5 @ 10.172.216.96. Please check network connectivity between the data plane and the control plane.

This error typically occurs when thereโ€™s a problem with communication between the data plane (where your cluster nodes reside) and the control plane (where the cluster management services operate).

Letโ€™s troubleshoot this issue:

1. Network Connectivity:

• First, ensure that thereโ€™s proper network connectivity between the data plane and the control plane. Check if there are any network issues, firewalls, or security groups blocking communication.
    • Verify that the security groups associated with your instances allow the necessary traffic (such as SSH, HTTP, and HTTPS) between the nodes and the control plane.
  2. EC2 Instance Logs:

• Review the EC2 instance logs in AWS for more details about the error. Look for any specific messages related to connectivity issues or timeouts.
    • Check if there are any issues related to the instance itself (such as resource constraints or misconfigurations).
  3. Subnet Route Table and Security Groups:

• Examine the subnet route table configuration. Ensure that the route table allows traffic between the data plane and the control plane.
    • Verify that the security groups associated with your instances are correctly configured. Make sure no changes have been inadvertently made.
  4. Cluster Initialization:

• Sometimes, clusters fail to initialize due to transient issues. Retry creating the cluster after some time.
    • If the problem persists, consider checking the status of Databricks services. You can find the status information on the Databricks status page (under AWS).

I hope this helps resolve the issue! If you have any other questions or need additional guidance, feel free to ask. ๐Ÿš€

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!