Community Discussions
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Impersonating a user

dbx_687_3__1b3Q
New Contributor III

How do I impersonate a user? I can't find any documentation that explains how to do this or even hint that it's possible.

Use case: I perform administrative tasks like assign grants and roles to catalogs, schemas, and tables for the benefit of business users. Afterwards, I want to see what the user would see when they login. Currently, I must wait for the user to get back to me - which could be days. in the meantime, I've already changed directions numerous times and forgotten about their initial request.

2 REPLIES 2

Walter_C
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hello, many thanks for your question. Right now impersonation is not possible in the Databricks environment, one possible solution might be that if you are an account admin you can remove your admin permissions from the account console on the specific workspace while you do the testing and reassigning them back.

Otherwise you could set up a test account that you can use for this same purpose.

NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hidbx_687_3__1b3Q,

Actually, I have seen impersonation, is this something that you are looking for? https://docs.gcp.databricks.com/en/dev-tools/google-id-auth.html#step-5-impersonate-the-google-cloud...

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.