cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insufficient privileges error when running query from Notebook

WWoman
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I am running into a permission issue when running a simple MERGE INTO query from a Notebook: " AnalysisException: [INSUFFICIENT_PERMISSIONS] Insufficient privileges: User does not have USE SCHEMA on Schema 'system.query'."

I can run the query interactively through the SQL Editor with no errors. What am I missing here?

2 REPLIES 2

WWoman
New Contributor III

On a related note... I am not seeing my notebook queries in the query history interface. I was trying to confirm that the queries run from the notebook would run with my user id, but I don't see these queries at all.

mhiltner
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

Are you using an all purpose cluster or a SQL warehouse to run this query in the notebook?

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group