Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InternalError, error message: The output of the notebook is too large.

Chalki
New Contributor III

Hello guys. I am having the following annoying issue with DataBricks job executed from ADF. I have stopped all the logs, deleted all the print statements and display. And I am still getting this error. I don't understand what might cause it. I am attaching a screenshot from the driver log, which is showing that stdout log file is no more than 10 kb

8 REPLIES 8

Chalki
New Contributor III

Forgot to mention it is triggered only from ADF, in DataBricks the execution goes without any troubles

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you happen to call other notebooks within that notebook?  Or have you entered a lot of markdown?

Chalki
New Contributor III

None of those

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Chalki Glad to hear it is working fine. Please let us know if any other help is needed. 

UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III

Hi @Chalki 

Is the output of the notebook being passed into any other ADF activity ? If yes, check that output.
Also, can you give further details like the configuration you are using in ADB and in ADF for compute ?

Chalki
New Contributor III

It is, but it is a short string, like a "success" message

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please upload the log4j logs here if thats okay? Also, please tag @Debayan with your next comment, which will notify me. 

Chalki
New Contributor III

Apologies for the late reply. I will try to upload the logs,cause it's been some time.

Interesting is how I solve it. I put all the code in a single cell and It is running since then without issues. Although it was just few cells with python code. I even increased the logging and I have no troubles for the time being

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.