Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Discussions
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there a plan to support workflow jobs to be stored in a subfolder?

yzhang
New Contributor III

I have many workflow jobs created and they all in a flat list. Is there a way to create (kind of) sub folders that I can category my databricks workflow jobs into it (kind of organizer)...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vinay_M_R
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Databricks does not explicitly provide a feature to organize jobs using folders or categories.

you can use naming conventions or tags to help organize your jobs. In general, a good practice could be to use a consistent naming convention that includes information about the job's purpose, the team or individual responsible for it, and any other relevant details. For example, you might name a job "teamA_data_cleaning_daily" or "teamB_model_training_weekly".

As for tags, you can add them to your jobs to include additional metadata. For example, you might add tags to indicate the job's priority level, the type of data it processes, or any other relevant information. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Vinay_M_R
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Databricks does not explicitly provide a feature to organize jobs using folders or categories.

you can use naming conventions or tags to help organize your jobs. In general, a good practice could be to use a consistent naming convention that includes information about the job's purpose, the team or individual responsible for it, and any other relevant details. For example, you might name a job "teamA_data_cleaning_daily" or "teamB_model_training_weekly".

As for tags, you can add them to your jobs to include additional metadata. For example, you might add tags to indicate the job's priority level, the type of data it processes, or any other relevant information. 

yzhang
New Contributor III

@Anonymous thanks for the suggestion. And thanks @Vinay_M_R a lot for answering the question. The solution mentioned is doable but less optimized way to do. Everyone in the team has to follow the same rules especially for shared jobs, and sometimes not easy to coordinate between peers. However, if this is so far the best we can go, I can stick to this.