cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to access data registered in Unity Catalog using Simba ODBC driver

FelipeRegis
New Contributor

Hi folks, 

I'm working on a project with Databricks using Unity Catalog and a connection to SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).

My team is trying to access data registered in Unity Catalog using Simba ODBC driver version 2.8.0.1002. They mentioned they can connect but catalog and metadata does not appear.

They mentioned Unity Catalog doesn't allow DSN connection and that this is the type of connection being used currently. Follows documentation used from Alteryx Databricks Unity Catalog.

I'm looking for alternatives and possible cause of this problem.

It follows print with configurations used:

odbc_driver_unity_catalog_issue.png

Does anybody can help?

Thanks in advance.

Felipe Regis.

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FelipeRegis, It seems you’re encountering issues with accessing data registered in Unity Catalog using the Simba ODBC driver.

Let’s explore some possible solutions:

1. Delta Lake Native Connector:

2. HTTPS and SSL Options:

3. Simba ODBC Driver Version:

4. Check Installation and Permissions:

• Verify that the Simba ODBC driver is properly installed on your system.
    • Ensure that the user account connecting to Unity Catalog has the necessary permissions to access metadata and catalog information.
  5. Debugging and Logs:

• Check the logs for any error messages or warnings related to the ODBC connection.
    • Enable verbose logging if possible to get more detailed information about the issue.

Remember to test each step thoroughly to identify the root cause of the problem. 

Good luck with your project! 😊

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!