cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notebook scrolling as I select

halcho
New Contributor III

When I select text in a notebook cell the whole notebook scrolls up as a select. This happens when I use the mouse wheel and with shift+arrow key. It varies by cell - happens in some cells, but not other cells within the same notebook. When I refresh the page it stops happening. I'm not sure what triggers it but it is extremely annoying because it happens so often. I can't find any fix for this and none of my colleagues working in the same enviro have this issue. 

Plz help!

7 REPLIES 7

AlliaKhosla
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @halcho 

Greetings!

Can you please check if this issue is happening with a specific Browser? If you are on Chrome, you can test with Firefox. Also, you can check the installed extensions on your Browser, one of the Browser extensions can cause this issue. 

Try Disabling all extensions and check the behavior

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/85774185/chrome-automatically-scrolling-to-bottom-of-page?h....

Let us know if that helps. 

Hey there! Thanks a bunch for being part of our awesome community! 🎉 

We love having you around and appreciate all your questions. Take a moment to check out the responses – you'll find some great info. Your input is valuable, so pick the best solution for you. And remember, if you ever need more help , we're here for you! 

Keep being awesome! 😊🚀

halcho
New Contributor III

I am using Chrome, but also happens with Edge. Also I figured out the trigger! After I use 'Change All Occurrences' the issue is happening. See screenshot. I imagine this is a bug with databricks.

halcho_0-1707847716484.png

civil-scrambler
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm also having this same issue. I tried using Safari which has no extensions and it's exactly what's described; some cells start scrolling as I highlight the content. When I refresh it goes away but then it comes back again. Not sure if it's a coincidence but I only started noticing after the new cell UI was released. That said I tried all combinations of config (new & old cell / charts / result table UI) and nothing is helping. 

Same here. I am using Safari and page starts scrolling up upon selection of moving cursor after cmd+D

civil-scrambler
New Contributor II

@halcho yes you're right! I haven't been using "Change all occurrences" but can also replicate when I use CMD+D shortcut to select multiple instances of any text, which is basically the same thing.

@Kaniz_Fatma @AlliaKhosla now that we have a consistent way of replicating, can you please help out here? This is a critical tool for my work and the bug's been very interruptive. I can also engage my workplace (I'd be surprised if we didn't have existing corporate collaboration) if it's going to help prioritise the fix. Also would appreciate if you could let me know if there are any workarounds in the meantime.

Israel_H
New Contributor III

I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

Please, address this as soon as possible. It's significantly impacting my productivity.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!