Community Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAuth user-to-machine (U2M) authentication

Aria
New Contributor III

I am trying to use OAuth user-to-machine (U2M) authentication  from azure databricks CLI.

When I run databricks auth login --host  ,I get a web browser open and get authentication sucessfull message and My profile also save successfully with auth-type=Databricks-cli

I can see the token with databricks auth token --host command.But when I try to connect to databricks or run below command ,I get the error message related to default auth.

C:\Users\santil>databricks auth env --host hostname
Error: default auth: cannot configure default credentials. Config: host=, profile=dev

1 REPLY 1

Ayushi_Suthar
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Aria , Good Day! 

Which CLI version you are using here? Can you try to update the CLI version to a newer version by referring to this document : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/dev-tools/cli/install#--homebrew-update-for-linux...

If you still face the issue after updating the CLI version then could you please run the command with --debug and post the output? For eg : ~ databricks account groups list -p <configuration-profile-name> --debug

Please let me know if this helps and leave a like if this information is useful, followups are appreciated.
Kudos
Ayushi