cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reduce EBS Default Volumes

pabloanzorenac
New Contributor II

By default Databricks creates 2 volumes: one with 30GB and the other one with 150GB. 
We have a lot of nodes in our pools and so a los of Terabytes of Volumes, but we are not making any use of them in the jobs. Is there any way to reduce the volumes? I couldn't found any documentation for reducing the default ebs volumes.
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor

@pabloanzorenac 
I don't think you'll be able to do that. Clusters are pre-defined and there's no way to change a configuration of each machine.

However even if you think that you're not using them in the jobs, Spark may actually do benefit by using them (ex. for caching).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor

@pabloanzorenac 
I don't think you'll be able to do that. Clusters are pre-defined and there's no way to change a configuration of each machine.

However even if you think that you're not using them in the jobs, Spark may actually do benefit by using them (ex. for caching).

sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Yes, EBS vols are essential for shuffle spill for example. You are probably using them!

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!