cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark streaming query stops after code exception in notebook since 14.3

jcozar
Contributor

Hi!

I am experiencing something that I cannot find in the documentation: in databricks, using the databricks runtime 13.X, when I start a streaming query (using .start method), it creates a new query and while it is running I can execute other code in other cells of the notebook. Even if that cells raises an exception, the query continues until I interrupt the cell execution or use the stop method for the query.

However, since databricks runtime 14.3 (I don't know if it happens in 14.2 and 14.1), if the code run in a new cell causes an exception the query is stopped. Is it configurable? Where is that documented?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@jcozar , This looks like a potential bug. If you can raise a support case, that would be helpful

@Lakshay thank you, I also think so! If you don't mind, where can I raise a support case?

Thank you!

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You can use the help portal: https://help.databricks.com/s/

It seems it has been solved! 🙂 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.