cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Spin a cluster in community Edition

Praveen587
New Contributor III

Bootstrap Timeout:
Node daemon ping timeout in 780000 ms for instance i-0943508bf00d6e86f @ 10.172.185.100. Please check network connectivity between the data plane and the control plane.

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Praveen587I understand that you’re facing issues spinning up a cluster in the Databricks Community Edition. Let’s troubleshoot this together.

1. Cluster Termination:

• As a Community Edition user, your cluster will automatically terminate after an idle period of two hours. If your cluster has been inactive for a while, it might have terminated. You can check the event logs to verify this.
    • To refresh the event logs, follow these steps:
      1. Go to the Clusters tab in your Databricks workspace.
      2. Locate the cluster you’re having trouble with.
      3. Click on the cluster name to view its details.
      4. Look for the Event Logs section and click the Refresh button.
    • If the cluster has indeed terminated, you’ll need to create a new one.
  2. Bootstrap Timeout:

• The error message you received indicates a node daemon ping timeout. This could be due to network connectivity issues between the data plane and the control plane.
    • Here are some steps to troubleshoot this:
      • Ensure that the network configuration is correct. Check if there are any firewalls, security groups, or network ACLs blocking communication between the nodes.
      • Verify that the private IP address of the instance (i-0943508bf00d6e86f) is reachable from the control plane.
      • Check if there are any DNS resolution issues that might prevent proper communication.
      • If you’re using a VPC peering setup, make sure it’s correctly configured.
      • Consider running a traceroute or ping from the control plane to the data plane to identify any network bottlenecks.
  3. Cluster Creation:

• If the above steps don’t resolve the issue, try creating a new cluster. Sometimes, starting fresh can help overcome any underlying issues.
    • Remember that the Community Edition has limitations, so consider upgrading to a paid subscription for more configuration options.

Feel free to provide additional details or ask further questions, and we’ll work together to get your cluster up and running! 😊

Praveen587
New Contributor III

Hi Kaniz,
I didn't understand completely .. 

Praveen587
New Contributor III

Hi Kaniz,
It seems issue is with all community Edition accounts. Can you please look into it.