cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unablet to Install Python Wheel Library

Carlton
Contributor

Hello Team,

Can someone let me know if there has been some changes to Databricks Community Edition such that it's no longer possible to install Python Wheel libraries? I was able to install Python Wheel libraries as recently as a few days ago, but now I'm getting the error shown in the image

Carlton_0-1721823396254.png

Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

Slash
Contributor

Hi @Carlton ,

Definitely something has changed a couple of days ago. A lot of people are facing with the same problem as you. 
So far there is no solution

Hi Slash,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I guess we'll just have to wait for Databricks to find a fix.

Cheers

aalanis
New Contributor II

Hi there, 

Check your runtime version to check you are using a version that supports that and I think nowadays the recommended pattern (donโ€™t quote me) is to store your wheel files on the workspace tree

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Carlton, This is fixed now. Please confirm.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group