cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Want to disable cell scrollers.

Mahajan
New Contributor II

There are two scrollers visible in my notebook, 1 for cell and another is for notebook. How can i disable cell scroller sicne i am having a hard time to navigate to my code scrolling the cell every time.

6 REPLIES 6

Mahajan
New Contributor II

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mahajan , 

To disable the cell scroller in a Databricks notebook, use the following steps:
1. Click on the "View" menu in the notebook toolbar.
2. Select "Cell Toolbar" and "None" from the dropdown menu.
3. This will remove the cell scroller from the notebook and allow you to navigate to your code without scrolling through the cells.

Mahajan
New Contributor II

Hi @Kaniz_Fatma ,

Thanks a lot for replying,

But i am not seeing any such option inside View menu.

Hi @Mahajan , I see that it's not available here. Let me get back to you on this.

Kaniz_0-1690874890800.png

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mahajan , 

• Submit a feature request on your request in the Ideas Portal to contribute to the notebook product roadmap interactively. You can view, comment, and vote up other usersโ€™ requests. You can also monitor the progress of your favourite ideas as the Databricks product team goes through their product planning and development process.

UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III

Hi @Mahajan 

What exactly do you mean by disabling the cell scroll ?  If and all there is an option as such, then it basically means you can't scroll the cell at all and the cell view is fixed. This makes the cell redundant as at any given point of time, you can only view a part of the code. If this is what you wanted, even now you can minimize the cell with large number of lines and continue.

Nevertheless if scrolling alone is the cause of trouble to you, then scrolling with your mouse pointer outside the cell should suffice.

Do let me know if I interpreted your problem differently.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!