cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use Databricks VSCode extensions on repository with ".devcontainer" folder

mhasel
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I have a repository that contains a ".devcontainer" folder. 

I use VSCode and try to use the databricks extension following this guide 

When I run "Upload and Run File on Databricks" I have this error and then cannot run the python script

Sync Error: no such directory: /Users/myusername/.ide/MyRepnam/.devcontainer

On the web interface I can see though that the whole repository was correctly synchronized (including .devcontainer folder and its content)

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mhasel, Could you please verify that the path to your .devcontainer folder is correct? Make sure it exists in the specified location.

mhasel
New Contributor II

Hi @Kaniz_Fatma 

The folder lays plain in the repository. 

mhasel_0-1721981834591.png

When logging on the databricks Web UI I can see that the folder (together with its content) was correctly copied 

mhasel_1-1721981988205.pngmhasel_2-1721982282786.png

But I still have the error messsage in VSCode

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group