cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks data engineer associate exam Suspended

Marina_Shishkin
New Contributor II

@Cert-Team  @Certificate @Cert-Bricks 

Hi Team,

Please help me, I have just been suspended from my above exam. At first I was told I was looking around too much even though I was genuinely looking at the screen only. I had completed all questions and was reviewing the questions I had starred as I still had plenty of time before submitting. Then the exam was temporarily suspended and the proctor asked me to show the room - my room is small but I had cleaned it and even covered surfaces with items on with a blanket. On my desk was my passport and phone. I was not using my phone at all but simply had it there due to this criteria saying I might need it to verify ID https://kryterion.my.site.com/support/s/article/How-to-Prepare-for-an-Online-Exam-Pre-check?language...

It says that I would be asked to put the smartphone out of reach, although this never happened so it stayed on my desk (I was worried if I get up to put it away then that will be counted as suspicious/ moving around too much). But it can anyway be seen in the video of me that the entire time I was looking directly at the screen. I made a particular effort to not look around or shut my eyes at any point. No one even told me which exam requirement I was violating.

I am so upset as I paid money for this exam and have spent countless hours revising. Please can this issue be sorted urgently, as I was genuinely not cheating and tried my best to fulfill all exam requirements. I would like for either all my answers to be used even if I cannot go back and complete the exam, or the opportunity to retake the exam ASAP.

Below are my details:

- Username: Marina Shishkin

- Email - marinashishkin@kubrickgroup.com

- Exam: Data bricks Certified Data Engineer Associate
- Time: 19th July 2024, 9 AM  (GMT+1)

Thank you,

Marina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Marina_ShishkinI'm sorry to hear your exam was suspended. Thank you for filing a ticket with our support team. Please allow the support team 24-48 hours to resolve. In the meantime, you can review the following documentation:

Room requirements

Behavioural considerations

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marina_Shishkin
New Contributor II

I did also submit a ticket, request was #00505926

Hi @Marina_ShishkinI'm sorry to hear your exam was suspended. Thank you for filing a ticket with our support team. Please allow the support team 24-48 hours to resolve. In the meantime, you can review the following documentation:

Room requirements

Behavioural considerations

@Cert-Team  @Certificate @Cert-Bricks 

My exam was rescheduled for 2pm today. I launched the exam just now at 2pm, however, before even reaching the questions, a sign popped up indicating that the exam is Suspended. 

I had not even started the exam and was already barred from continuing. Clearly my suspension from the first attempt at the exam had not been lifted correctly.

I need this to be urgently sorted out as I need to take this exam by the end of this week. I was unable to retake the exam as was assured to me. I have paid money for this exam and got everything ready to be able to retake this today. 

I need some kind of explanation as to what is going on here. 

Regards,

Marina Shishkin

Pika
New Contributor III

Did you get any resolution to it ? Same happened to me today . 

jefflipkowitz
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I've had it happen to myself the team if you work with can get you setup. My lesson learned was not to schedule it on halloween. 

Jeffrey Lipkowitz

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group