cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to get the JSON definition - "CREATE part" for a job using JOB ID or JOB Name

InquisitiveGeek
New Contributor II

I want to get the JSON definition of the "create part" of the job. I have the job id and job name. I am using databricks notebook for this. I can the get the "GET" json api definition but not able able to get the "CREATE" part json definition which I want.

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @InquisitiveGeekTo extract the "CREATE" part from the full JSON definition of a Databricks job, you can use the Databricks Jobs API to retrieve the job definition and then parse the relevant sections.

Hi @Kaniz_Fatma , Basically there are the JSON API's --- 1.GET  2.CREATE  3.RESET
When I'm using Databricks Jobs API I'm able to retrieve the JSON definition of get and reset part and not for create part.

I don't want to create anything I just want the JSON definition of the CREATE part whatever is there.

Please look at the attachment for more details.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group