cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Migrating Hive Metastore Tables to Unity Catalog

vidyaKothavale
New Contributor

I am in the process of migrating tables from Hive Meta store to Unity Catalog using the Databricks Labs UCX tool. After completing the assessment phase, the dashboard indicates that while external tables are ready to migrate, the managed tables are marked as "not ready." The assessment summary highlights the following findings:

1. Data is in DBFS Root

2. Unsupported cluster types (LEGACY_TABLE_ACL)

3. Unsupported DBR versions

Could the fact that the data is located in the DBFS root be the reason why the managed tables are not ready for migration?

When I run the command data bricks labs UCX migrate-table, the workflow completes successfully, but neither the external nor the managed tables appear in Unity Catalog.

I have attached a screenshot of the assessment dashboard for reference. Could these findings be the cause of the issue, and how should I proceed to resolve it?

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group