cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Tips: Ways to Master Databricks on Azure?

kazinahian
New Contributor III

Hello everyone. I'm currently learning Databricks on Azure through a Udemy course. Recently, I was surprised by a charge of $86 from Azure, which has made me cautious about continuing in this manner. Is there a more cost-effective approach to learn Databricks? I'm using my personal setup for learning. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

#Azure_Databricks

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kazinahianIt’s great to hear that you’re learning Databricks on Azure

Absolutely, there are several cost-effective ways to learn Databricks:

1. Databricks Community Edition: This is a free version of Databricks where you can learn Spark and Databricks. It provides a limited resource but is sufficient for learning purposes.

2. Public Datasets: Databricks allow you to use public datasets available in their platform for learning. You can use these datasets to practice without incurring any costs.

3. Online Tutorials and Resources: Numerous free resources are available online where you can learn Databricks. Websites like Kaggle, Medium, and YouTube have tutorials that can help you understand the basics and advanced concepts.

4. Documentation: Databricks has extensive documentation that explains its features and how to use them.

5. MOOCs and Courses: Several Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) provide free content for learning Databricks. Some of these courses might charge a small fee for certification.

Happy learning! 😊

Thank you @Kaniz_Fatma .

LauraMurphy
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for the information.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group