cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Server error: OK - Notebook

Gilg
Contributor II

Hi 

I am currently having a weird notebook behavior. Every time I write, I am getting the following error. 

GilGonong_0-1694040831818.png

My gut feeling is that it causes by the Auto-save feature.

Cheers,

Gil

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Gilg , Based on the given information, it seems that the error you are experiencing is related to notebook autosaving.

The error message "Failed to save revision: Notebook size exceeds limit" indicates that the notebook size is too large to be autosaved.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following solutions:

1. Manually save the notebook: Instead of relying on autosave, you can manually save the notebook by clicking on the "Save" button in the notebook toolbar. This will allow you to save the notebook even if it exceeds the autosave size limit.

2. Reduce the size of the notebook: If your notebook contains cells with large results, such as images generated by graphing tools like plotly and matplotlib, you can hide these large results to reduce the notebook size. This can be done by collapsing or deleting the cells that contain the large results.

Not sure about the size of the notebook, as this happening in a brand-new notebook.

Edited: I could not find the Save button in the notebook toolbar.

GilGonong_0-1694043808562.png

GilGonong_1-1694043994033.png

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group