cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Setting a preset list of values in a task parameter in databricks job

MKTexas13
New Contributor

I want to be able to have a user select from a preset list of values for a task parameter when they kick off a job with the "Run now with different parameters" option. In a notebook I am able to use dbutils.widgets.dropdown() to set the list of values but is there a way to do that from the job? The notebook has additional logic to account for any entered parameter values that don't fall into the list but want to avoid potential errors by setting it in the job task. I found this community post but looking for an update on this: https://community.databricks.com/t5/data-engineering/dropdown-for-parameters-in-a-job/td-p/22727

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group