Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Social
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hi Team,I've found a bug with "Select As Best" functionality. You can simply add someone a lot of points by:Marking the answer as best (...

daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Team,

I've found a bug with "Select As Best" functionality. You can simply add someone a lot of points by:

• Marking the answer as best (it adds some points to the author),
  • Remove best answer (it does not deduct the points),
  • Mark the answear again as best (it adds points again).

As you can see, it allows the users to simply abuse this functionality and gain some points that can be later exchanged to the rewards on Community Reward Store.

I've checked some of the guys from "Top Contributors" and some of them got less than 10 posts/comments and 100+ best answers and likes ๐Ÿ™‚

@Kaniz Fatmaโ€‹ @Christy Setoโ€‹ 

3 REPLIES 3

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

@Kaniz Fatmaโ€‹  @Christy Setoโ€‹ @Sujitha Ramamoorthyโ€‹  this is the problem which I reported some time ago. That's why some people have up to 4000 points, and only one the best answer. And additionally usually, the best answer is given from another account belonging to the same person as you can see simple chain: for example account A gives the best to B, B to C, C to A.

@Daniel Sahalโ€‹ thank you for explaining exactly how cheating is working because I reported that but without giving an exact mechanism

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Example accounts that use that system and should be banned:

https://community.databricks.com/s/profile/0058Y00000C0CW9QAN

https://community.databricks.com/s/profile/0058Y00000Bzkf2QAB

In likes on their wall, you can easily spot other accounts.

And there are a lot of others, some even discussing issues with points (that they have too few). I have no words.

In my opinion, an automatic rewarding system doesn't make sense. It would be better to choose one valuable active user every week (everyone max 1 per year) and give him special rewards (databricks gadgets + databricks certification + Azure credits + Amazon voucher), which would be highly motivating.

@Christy Setoโ€‹ 

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @Daniel Sahalโ€‹ and @Hubert Dudekโ€‹ ! We're re-platforming our community and your feedback have been noted down to bring into action in our new platform.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.