Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ADD_NODES_FAILED Cluster Does Not Start

lndlzy
New Contributor II

Hello everyone, I tried to change a Databricks Runtime Cluster from 12.2 LTS ML to 13.3 LTS ML, however I got this error:

Failed to add 1 container to the compute. Will attempt retry: false. Reason: Global init script failure

Global init script Install MSODBC failed: Script exit status is non-zero

Does anybody know why this is happening and would it be possible for you to help me resolve this issue? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lndlzyBased on the information, your error is related to a global init script failure when changing the Databricks Runtime Cluster from 12.2 LTS ML to 13.3 LTS ML. This error indicates that the worldwide init script failed with a non-zero exit status.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check the global init script: Review it and ensure it is correctly configured and contains no errors. You can access the global init script settings in the Databricks UI or through the API.

2. Retry the cluster creation: If the global init script is correct, you can try creating the cluster again and see if the error persists. Sometimes, the error could be transient and might not occur on subsequent attempts 

3. If the issue persists, filing a support ticket with Databricks Support is recommended for assistance. They can guide troubleshooting of the specific error and help resolve any underlying problems.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lndlzyBased on the information, your error is related to a global init script failure when changing the Databricks Runtime Cluster from 12.2 LTS ML to 13.3 LTS ML. This error indicates that the worldwide init script failed with a non-zero exit status.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check the global init script: Review it and ensure it is correctly configured and contains no errors. You can access the global init script settings in the Databricks UI or through the API.

2. Retry the cluster creation: If the global init script is correct, you can try creating the cluster again and see if the error persists. Sometimes, the error could be transient and might not occur on subsequent attempts 

3. If the issue persists, filing a support ticket with Databricks Support is recommended for assistance. They can guide troubleshooting of the specific error and help resolve any underlying problems.

lndlzy
New Contributor II

Thank you, this worked!

sudhanroshan
New Contributor II

Hi @lndlzy, I'm facing the same issue. Can you please tell me how did you resolve this error?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.