cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

/api/2.1/jobs/runs/get-output api response

monil
New Contributor II

/api/2.1/jobs/runs/get-output what are the possbile status or state values of the api?
I am trying to check the status of my job run based on run id. but there is not enough detail on the response body which contains the status of the run.

3 REPLIES 3

daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor

@monil 
It's documented well in the API documentation.
https://docs.databricks.com/api/workspace/jobs/getrunoutput

daniel_sahal_0-1725346941180.png

monil
New Contributor II

Thanks @daniel_sahal , I am confused about the state values
My use case: I want to fetch the latest status of the a particular job like (success or failed)
Here I can see the state but it doesn't specify the success or failure of the job it just show Terminated in both success or failure
Also, what I see in my browser is different from what you have sharedScreenshot 2024-09-04 160100.png

You are looking at depracated state field. You should look for status field and that's what @daniel_sahal  shared with you on his screenshot.
In status field you have information about job run state as well as termination details info.
So you can check if run was successful if your job run is in status TERMINATED or TERMINATING and termination details returns SUCCESS

Slash_0-1725448506727.png

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group