Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

rishabh4312
by Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

community.databricks.com

Hi I have similiar issue:https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D58Y00008oTUQPSA4/voucher-code-error

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Rishabh Jain​ , Thank you for reaching out! Please submit a ticket to our Training Team here: https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training  and our team will get back to you shortly. 

• 1 kudos
antonio_rodilos
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Exam Registration & Voucher

I would like to register for the Data Engineer Associate exam. I have also passed the Databricks Lakehuse Fundamentals accreditation (id: 61076337), but on the registration site: https://www.webassessor.com/ does not allow me to purchase the exam, bu...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
BkP
Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Antonio Rodilosso​ ,As far as I know voucher is not compulsory. You can register for an exam by paying the amount. Its absolutely possible to register for an exam without voucherTo earn a voucher you can check the below url.http://msdatalab.net/h...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Dave_Nithio
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How to use autoloader with csv containing spaces in attribute names?

I am attempting to use autoloader to add a number of csv files to a delta table. The underlying csv files have spaces in the attribute names though (i.e. 'Account Number' instead of 'AccountNumber'). When I run my autoload, I get the following error ...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Dave_Nithio
Contributor
  • 2 kudos

@Hubert Dudek​ thanks for your response! I was able to use what you proposed above to generate the schema. The issue is that the schema sets all attributes to STRING values and renames them numerically ('_c0', '_c1', etc.). Although this allows us to...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Serhii
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

Append to a record when updating Delta Table

I am updating the delta table in Databricks as follows segments_data.alias('segments_old').merge( segments_data_new.alias("updates"), "segments_old.source_url = updates.source_url", ).whenMatchedUpdate( set={"segments"...

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Serhii
Contributor
  • 6 kudos

Yes it worked for us - thanks

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
hari
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Best way to automatically update a delta table schema

We have multiple environments where the same tables are added so it's really hard to manually update the schema of the table across all the environments. We know that it's not ideal to update table schema a lot but our product is still evolving and s...

• 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
hari
Contributor
  • 5 kudos

Thanks for the reply @Pat Sienkiewicz​ .

• 5 kudos
1 More Replies
elgeo
by Valued Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Merge didn't fail while inserting wrong data type values

Hello. During some example cases we were running, in order to identify how Databricks treats possible wrong actions we could make, we noticed that merge doesn't fail while inserting different data type values from the ones in the corresponding table....

Target table schema merge_failure image merge_failure3
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
elgeo
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hello. Any update on this please? Thank you in advance

• 1 kudos
PriyanshuGupta
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Pass_SS

Have completed my certificate on 27th October for Databricks Data Analyst Associate but haven't received my Certificate/ Badge for the same.

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Nadia1
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hello Priyanshu, your certificate was issued today. Please check your email as I resent the information.Thank you

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
Aritra
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Git repo cloning on Databricks

i am running into issues importing the scalable-machine-learning-with-apache-spark library into databricks. specifically, cloning from git library or %pip install from git library directly to Databricks. Any help is appreciated

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Aritra Guha​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
talha
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

spark-submit Error "Unrecognized option: --executor-memory 3G" although --executor-memory is available in Options.

Executed a spark-submit job through databricks cli with the following job configurations.{ "job_id": 123, "creator_user_name": "******", "run_as_user_name": "******", "run_as_owner": true, "settings": { "name": "44aa-8447-c123aad310", ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
talha
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Not really sure if running spark on local mode. But have used alternate property spark.executor.memoryand passed it as --conf and now it works

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
fabio2352
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

evidences_pass

I haven't received my Databricks Certified Data Engineer AssociateI have pass my certification exam, Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate on 27 October 2022.. I am yet to receive a certificate or badge. Any help is much appreciated. I have a ...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
elgeo
by Valued Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Clean up _delta_log files

Hello experts. We are trying to clarify how to clean up the large amount of files that are being accumulated in the _delta_log folder (json, crc and checkpoint files). We went through the related posts in the forum and followed the below:SET spark.da...

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Using the %debug magic in DataBricks notebook

When developing locally, I can write %debug in a new cell after encountering an error, and jump into the function that the error originated from. In Databricks, this freezes the notebook indefinitely.For example:In [1]:def query_data(): df_full = qu...

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

I just upgraded my personal node and %debug worked! I appreciate the reminder to use pdb() itself when appropriate too. I'm still interested in whether we should have any concerns about upgrading our main cluster - please do let me know, and then I'l...

• 6 kudos
3 More Replies
ebyhr
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

How to fix intermittent 503 errors in 10.4 LTS

I sometimes get the below error recently in version 10.4 LTS. Any solution to fix the intermittent failure? I added retry logic in our code, but Databricks query succeeded (even though it threw an exception) and it leads to the unexpected table statu...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Yuya Ebihara​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thank...

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
alejandrofm
by Valued Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

How can I know if an instance has fallen back to On-demand?

Hi, I have several clusters, some with a 45% max spot price, some more important with a higher value. Want to know what is the best way to configure this but cannot find anything (a value of how many nodes of the last run were On-demand will do the t...

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors