Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Athar
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

How to import blob storage container with sub-directories as a database in databricks sql?

I am trying to upload blob storage on databricks sql warehouse. I followed this document https://docs.databricks.com/data/data-sources/azure/azure-storage.html. but this doesn't seem to be working. Query executed fine but created schema was empty. An...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Athar Abbas​ , We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar Ammeappin​​ and @Bilal Aslam​, and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as i...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
smarter-living
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

smarter living shop

We design and manufacture intelligent products and smart solutions that make your life easier, safer and more comfortable. Via the registered 2USB brand we produce innovative easy to install USB stopcontact & powerful USB charging solutions. We are a...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
chris_kimmel
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Bug report: Switching branches duplicates cells

I'm using Databricks' support for GitHub repos. When I switch from one branch to another while a notebook is open, it messes up my notebook. Specifically, every notebook cell appears twice after switching branches.

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
Rahul_Samant
by Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos

SSL Error While Setting up databricks cli or installing library

How to fix below SSL error while setting up databricks Cli or installing library in clusterLibrary installation attempted on the driver node of cluster *** and failed.Please refer to the following error message to fix the library or contact Databric...

• 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Megan05
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

I was getting an SSL when trying to set up secrets using the Databricks CLI. To fix the CLI SSL error I went to %USERPROFILE%\.databrickscfg (~/.databrickscfg on Unix, Linux, or macOS) from the file explorer on my local machine and added the insecure...

• 2 kudos
8 More Replies
pawelmitrus
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Shutting down a job cluster, when streaming is over

Hi,As for now we already know that our application will be running 24/7 streaming constantly incoming data. The stream pipeline is very basic, however as for now it's enough to run this pipeline 1x per day (to save the costs of constantly running clu...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Shasidhar_ES
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Use .trigger(once=True) or .trigger(availableNow=True) option which will pick only the new files https://docs.databricks.com/structured-streaming/triggers.html#configuring-incremental-batch-processing

• 1 kudos
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Databricks unmanaged table from Snowflake

Is there a way to create Databricks unmanaged table that's actually Snowflake table, not some S3 or DBFS location?From documentation is rather vague is this possible: "You can create an unmanaged table with your data in data sources such as Cassandra...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hey @Stefan Stojanovic​ Hope everything is going great!Does @Hubert Dudek​'s response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? Else please let us know if you need mo...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
NathanLaw
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Model Training Data Adapter Error.

We are converting Pyspark dataframe to Tensorflow using PetaStorm and have encountered a “data adapter” error. What do you recommend for diagnosing and fixing this error?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/applications/machine-learning/...

DataAdpaterErrorCluster DataAdpaterError
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hey @Nathan Law​ Thank you so much for getting back to us. We will await your response.We really appreciate your time.

• 1 kudos
7 More Replies
Dicer
by Valued Contributor
  • 13 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! Failed to convert Spark.sql to Pandas Dataframe using .toPandas()

I wrote the following code:​data = spark.sql (" SELECT A_adjClose, AA_adjClose, AAL_adjClose, AAP_adjClose, AAPL_adjClose FROM deltabase.a_30min_delta, deltabase.aa_30min_delta, deltabase.aal_30min_delta, deltabase.aap_30min_delta ,deltabase.aapl_30m...

• 13 replies
  • 13 kudos
Latest Reply
Dicer
Valued Contributor
  • 13 kudos

I just discovered a solution.Today, I opened Azure Databricks. When I imported python libraries. Databricks told me that toPandas() was deprecated and it suggested me to use toPandas.The following solution works: Use toPandas instead of toPandas() da...

• 13 kudos
12 More Replies
AlbinLindmark
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Git integration for enterprises with a private git server behind VPN

The documentation states that DataBricks does not support private Git servers behind a VPN. The forum does however state in two places (place1, place2) that enterprise customers can reach out to their 'account team' and request to be added to somethi...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
derft102
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hey all, What do you say about the below post. I am little bit confused about it. If someone will help me, it will be appreciated. https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D53f00001GHVYnCAP/will-databricks-support-selfservice-web-application-fire...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
cchalc
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

How to understand what dropDuplicates is doing?

Smashed our heads against this one for a while and though I think it’s more of a spark question than a Databricks one, wanting to get your thoughts on it. Essentially the gist is this:We select into a DF from a delta tableWe display the DF and see 2 ...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
cchalc
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Great answer @Aman Sehgal​. I also received another answer from @Ryan Chynoweth​ I will paste here:1) Have you seen anything like this before and if so, can you provide any insight on it?Yes this does happen due to the lazy execution of spark and due...

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Hello again Databricks Community!  On July 28th we are hosting another Community Social Event! We want to make sure that we all have the chance to con...

Hello again Databricks Community! On July 28th we are hosting another Community Social Event! We want to make sure that we all have the chance to connect as a community often. Come network, talk data, and just get social! Join us for our July Communi...

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos
MatheusData
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Failed to start cluster.

Hello,i'm getting this message today everytime i try to run a notebook since i logged in:When i click 'ok' nothing happens.I tried refreshing and switching browsers already. Tried run this cell, run below cells, run all cells, etc. I also tried to cr...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

HI @Matheus Soares​, Are you still facing the same issue?

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
User16783853430
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting Power BI to DBSQL

Trying to connect Power BI with veresion 2.106.582.0 32 bit But get the error

MicrosoftTeams-image (8)
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
pavan_kumar
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Wilbur Tong​ Along with the steps mentioned by @Akash Bhat​ please try to follow the steps mentioned in below document:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-connector-extensibility#custom-connectorsfor downloading the pqx fi...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors