Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

User16835756816
by Valued Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 9 kudos

Announcing: Workflows!

Databricks is excited to announce the general availability of Databricks Workflows to you, our community. Databricks Workflows is the fully managed lakehouse orchestration service for all your teams to build reliable data, analytics, and AI workflow...

• 4 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
PawanShukla
New Contributor III
  • 9 kudos

I am trying to run the Workflow Pipeline with smaple code shared in getting start.. and getting the below error :DataPlaneException: Failed to start the DLT service on cluster 0526-084319-7hucy1np. Please check the stack trace below or driver logs fo...

• 9 kudos
3 More Replies
Kash
by Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 8 kudos

Where is Alerts in the sidebar?

Hi everyone,I can't seem to find Alerts in the sidebar, also my data-explorer looks different from what I see in the videos. Do I need to upgrade my environment? Thanks,K

• 8 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Kash
Contributor III
  • 8 kudos

Hi group,After speaking with my rep, it appears that Databricks ALERTS is only for premium members even though that is not what is advertised on the site or in the documentation. This is unfortunate as data-quality is a concern for us and we don't fe...

• 8 kudos
7 More Replies
chandan_a_v
by Valued Contributor
  • 11 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! logging.basicConfig not creating a file in Databricks

Hi,I am using the logger to log some parameters in my code and I want to save the file under DBFS. But for some reason the file is not getting created under DBFS. If I clear the state of the notebook and check the DBFS dir then file is present. Pleas...

• 11 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

Perhaps PyCharm sets a different working directory, meaning the file ends up in another place. Try providing a full path.

• 6 kudos
10 More Replies
MattM
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unstructured Data - PDF and a semi-structured data

I have a scenario where one source is unstructered pdf files and another source is semi-structered JSON files. I get files from these two sources on a daily basis into an ADLS storage. What is the best way to load this into a medallion structure by s...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Matt M​, Please import this notebook and read this excellent Medallion Architecture article. Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

• 0 kudos
BarakHav
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Automatically Vacuuming a Delta Table on Databricks

Hi all,I've recently checked my bucket size on AWS and saw that it's size doesn't make much sense. I decided to vacuum each delta table with 2 weeks of retention. That shrunk the data from 30TB to around 5TB, though I was wondering, shouldn't default...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Barak Hav​, Here is an excellent article on Vacuum. Please give it a read and let us know if that helps.

• 3 kudos
merca
by Valued Contributor II
  • 14 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! ⬆ Bump IPython to 7.31.1

Any plans to bump IPython version to 7.31.1 on the DBR 9.1 LTS runtime? If no other motivation

• 14 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Merca Ovnerud​ , We haven't heard from you since my last response, and I was checking to see if my suggestions helped you. Also, please don't forget to click the "Select as Best" button" whenever the information provided helps resolve your questi...

• 4 kudos
13 More Replies
Kaniz
by Community Manager
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

What are the best practices for the isolation of different environments in Databricks? I am trying to find out the best practice around Databricks env...

What are the best practices for the isolation of different environments in Databricks?I am trying to find out the best practice around Databricks environments creation like - dev, stage, and prod. Should it be:1. Single Databricks account with multip...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hey @Abhijit Rai​ Does @Atanu Sarkar​'s response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?Thank you!

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
GeorgeP
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Errors when querying Azure DataBricks through DBeaver on macos

Configured DBeaver to work with either databricks latest driver or simba. I can connect and see databases, schemas, tables and columns. However, when a select statement is executed 30-40 seconds go by before I get the following error message: SQL...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
sage5616
Valued Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Has this issue been resolved? @aravhish solution did not help me. Any other options?I am experiencing the exact same issue with the same configuration on a Mac. Much help would be appreciated.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Ignacio33
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

"Backend services unavailable" when creating a default cluster

Hello all, I have been not using databricks CE for 4-5 months but today I've tried to create the default cluster, as always did, and I've got the error "Backend services unavailable". Is this a temporary problem or am I doing something wrong. Thanks ...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
tomasz
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

There's currently an outage of the community edition. Please follow this link for status:https://status.databricks.com/pages/incident/5cf02dde58a00904bda41926/62cd7677db464e053416a89c

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 20 kudos

My favorite feature announced at Data+AI Summit is Connect from everywhere. I have been dreaming for a long time about sending SQL queries to SQL endp...

My favorite feature announced at Data+AI Summit is Connect from everywhere. I have been dreaming for a long time about sending SQL queries to SQL endpoint via API/SDK

connected_from_anywhere (1)
  • 1 replies
  • 20 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 20 kudos

Awesome!Keep Learning @Hubert Dudek​ !

• 20 kudos
harish_s
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Hi, I get the following error when I enable model serving for spacy model via MLFLOW.

+ echo 'GUNICORN_CMD_ARGS=--timeout 63 --workers 4 'GUNICORN_CMD_ARGS=--timeout 63 --workers 4 + mlflow models serve --no-conda -m /tmp/tmp1a4ltdrk/spacymodelv1 -h unix:/tmp/3.sock -p12022/03/01 08:26:37 INFO mlflow.models.cli: Selected backend for f...

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Harish S​ , We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar Ammeappin​ , me, and @Jose Gonzalez​ , and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can b...

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
Bhanu1
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Is it possible to mount different Azure Storage Accounts for different clusters in the same workspace?

We have a development and a production data lake. Is it possible to have a production or development cluster access only respective mounts using init scripts?

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Bhanu Patlolla​ â€‹, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Werner Stinckens​ and @Hubert Dudek​  and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be h...

• 6 kudos
3 More Replies
CBull
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Is there a way in Azure to compare data in one field?

Is there a way to compare a time stamp within on field/column for an individual ID? For example, if I have two records for an ID and the time stamps are within 5 min of each other....I just want to keep the latest. But, for example, if they were an h...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Cory Bullard​, We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Merca Ovnerud​, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwis...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Judha2022
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Judha2022
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Could you please let me know when it is available? It is critically important for me to get Databricks CE.Thanks again for your reply.

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
JohanRex
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: Result for RPC Some(e100cace-3836-4461-8902-80b3744fcb6b) lost, please retry your request.

I'm using databricks connect to talk to a cluster on Azure. When doing a count on a dataframe I sometimes get this error message. Once I've gotten it once I don't seem to be able to get rid of it even if I restart my dev environment. ----------------...

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Johan Rex​ , We haven't heard from you on my last response, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with ...

• 5 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors