Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

JananiMohan
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! ValueError: numpy.ndarray size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility. Expected 88 from C header, got 80 from PyObject

After the new release of numpy 1.22.0 on Dec 31st, Databricks failed with this error for my existing Databricks Notebook Version 10.1 and numpy 1.20.0Qn: Why did the earlier releases after 1.20.0 uptil 1.22.0 did not raise the same exception. ?

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Janani Mohan​ Hope you are doing well.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue or do you need more help? We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
KC_1205
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Migrating DB from 7.3 LTS to 9.1 LTS

Hi All,I have a code in the dev and production using DB 7.3 LTS. Now, I would like to update the environment to 9.1 LTS as support is going to finish. I have gone through the documentation given in the following link. https://docs.databricks.com/rele...

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
gmondauto
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

@Kiran Chalasani​  Hey Have you ever been able to run 7.3run time with multi_gpus before you migrated to 9.1?

• 1 kudos
8 More Replies
pantelis_mare
by Contributor III
  • 10 replies
  • 11 kudos

Resolved! Delta Upsert performance on empty table

Hello all,I was just wandering, performance wise how does it compare a plain write operation with a merge operation on an EMPTY delta table. Do we really risk to get significant performance drop?The use case would be to have the same pipeline for ini...

• 10 replies
  • 11 kudos
Latest Reply
pantelis_mare
Contributor III
  • 11 kudos

Hello @Kaniz Fatma​ ,Unfortunately I did not do any further investigation on the subject. Given that the merge on an empty table will only be done once at the creation of a table, it wouldn't really matter to be honest.

• 11 kudos
9 More Replies
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Clusters on GCP stop working "Environment directory not found" issue - waitForEnvironmentFileSystem

Starting from yesterday 17/5/2022 i start getting errors while running notebooks or jobs on clusters of Databricks GCP. The error is: SparkException: Environment directory not found at /local_disk0/.ephemeral_nfs/cluster_libraries/pythonThe job/noteb...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Databricks supports detected an issue with the NFS mounts on GCP. Looks like DBR 10.X versions were affected. After several hours they fixed it and now the same clusters are back to normal.

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
User16826994223
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Some of the limitation I see In docs of photon until now july 2021 is  Works on Delta and Parquet tables only for both read and write.Does not suppor...

Some of the limitation I see In docs of photon until now july 2021 is Works on Delta and Parquet tables only for both read and write.Does not support the following data types:MapArrayDoes not support window and sort operatorsDoes not support Spark S...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Excellent post, Thank you @Kunal Gaurav​ !

• 0 kudos
sparkstreaming
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Rest API invocation for databricks notebook fails while invoking from ADF pipeline

In the current implementation a streaming databricks notebook needs to be started based on the configuration passed. Since the rest of databricks notebooks are being invoked by using ADF,it was decided to use ADF for starting these notebooks. Since t...

• 7 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Prasanth KP​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Hubert Dudek (Customer)​ and @Werner Stinckens​ 's responses help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

• 6 kudos
6 More Replies
Anuj93
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount Point Service Principle

Is there any way to find out the service principle/Azure Active Directory applicationused to mount a container?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Anuj Kumar​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or does the above response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
kiselevanton
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Community edition, sign up issue

I am studying Databricks as part of Data Science with Databricks for Data Analysts Specialization. It requires me to sign up for community edition, but it simply doesn't work.I have tried to sign up 3 times with 3 different e-mails, 2 private and 1 c...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Anton Kiselev​, Our sincere apologies for the delayed response; it won't happen again.We had a temporary bug that affected a small number of users; our regrets if you were impacted. We have fixed the bug and your account should now be back to nor...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
alejandrofm
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! How to set a global checkpoint for all notebooks?

I have several users doing data analysis on Databricks Spark notebooks, everything is smooth, now I want to make sure that the checkpointdir is configured on the cluster start, so every user doesn't had to set it on the Notebook (ending up in a lot o...

• 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Alejandro Martinez​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Hubert Dudek (Customer)​ 's response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

• 5 kudos
1 More Replies
Cameron_Afzal
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

I'm unable to create an account for Databricks Community Edition. I've tried multiple email addresses and browsers across multiple attempts. I...

I'm unable to create an account for Databricks Community Edition. I've tried multiple email addresses and browsers across multiple attempts. I fill out and submit the sign-up form but never receive the email and thus can't log in. Any advice? Are the...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Cameron Afzal​  and @tipu sultan​ , Thank you for reaching out! Our sincere apologies for the delayed response; it won't happen again.We had a temporary bug that affected a small number of users; our regrets if you were impacted. We have fixed th...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
prasadvaze
by Valued Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Limit on number of result rows displayed on databricks SQL UI

Databricks SQL UI currently limits the query results display to 64000 rows. When will this limit go away? Using SSMS I get 40MM rows results in the UI and my users won't switch to databricks SQL for this reason

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
User16765136105
New Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Hi @prasad vaze​ - We do have a feature in the works that will increase this limit. If you reach out to your Databricks contact they can give you more details regarding dates and the preview.

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
mani238
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @manivannan p​ â€‹ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or do the above responses help you find the solution? Please let us know.

• 4 kudos
6 More Replies
ChristianWuerdi
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! How can I backup my Databricks instance?

We have a Databricks instance on Azure that has somewhat organically grow with dozens of users and hundreds of notebooks. How do I conveniently backup this env so in case disaster strikes the notebooks aren't lost? The data itself is backed by Azure ...

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
ChristianWuerdi
New Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

@Kaniz Fatma​ All good thanks, combination of CLI + gradually migrating everything to git is a viable solution

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
philip
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! current date as default in a widget while scheduling the notebook

I have a scheduled a notebook. can I keep current date as default in widget whenever the notebook run and also i need the flexibility to change the widget value to any other date based on the ad hoc run that I do.

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @philip george​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Hubert Dudek (Customer)​ 's and @Werner Stinckens​'s response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Andyfcx
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Is it possible to clone a private repository and use it in databricks Repos?

As title, I need to clone code from my private git repo, and use it in my notebook, I do something likedef cmd(command, cwd=None): process = subprocess.Popen(command.split(), stdout=subprocess.PIPE, cwd=cwd) output, error = process.communicate(...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Andy Huang​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Prabakar Ammeappin​ 's response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors